Eye freckle

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anybody been diagnosed with an eye freckle in the back of the eye from a regular eye exam I'm worried sick about it changing into cancer ???? I've been fishing around the internet and it has me in a serious depression for if it turns it seems very dire!!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes,I have a friend who was told he had an eye freckle at a routine eye examination.  He has to get it checked by an optician who is experienced in this sort of thing every year. The freckle is measured and photographed,and each year the appearance is compared to the last year.    So far,nothing has changed [in 4 years].

I expect you are thinking of the big C.  We all think of the worst thing it could be,and although possible,it is still not common.     Just take note of the advice you are given. By having regular checks you will catch any changes [if there are any] very quickly.  If you notice anything odd about your eye then see your doctor,but please dont worry.

• Posted

Thanks so much I have just been worrying like a mad women , ha! I appreciate the feedback
  • Posted

I have one as well. I think it just needs to be checked on every year, like when people have spots on their skin checked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.