Eye pain, teeth pain and more... loosing hope of ever been free of this hell

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone. I am here to hopefully find some answers and suggestions on finally helping me with the agony I'm in every single day.

I have had these conditions for the last 4 years or more. Every day i have a completely blocked nose, severe eye pain and teeth pain. The pain is so bad that i cannot do anything, cannot sleep. Eat, work etc. I have been taking difene (antiinflammatory medicene) for the last 4 years to help with the pain, but now my kidneys are starting to show damage and i need to get off these tablets.

I have never had my sinuses looked at as doctors contantly ignore me when i tell them about it. Has anyone else had these sinus symptoms and been in extreme constant pain, day in, day out?

I have a young daughter (1.7 years) and i have not been able to enjoy a day of her life. I cannot play with her or be the father i wwnt to be, due to the pain. It makes me so depressed, the thought of coming off these tablets and going back to the full force of this pain is extremely scary.

Has anyone had anything like this? And if so, what did you do ?

Thanks in advance.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi danny i had a similar prob lem a long time and then gota problem with stomach pains . by accident I found that the medicine for the stomach got rid of my sinus/headaches/bad ears. proton pump inhibitors. because itwas caused by silent acid reflux.
    • Posted

Carmel, many thanks for your reply.

Ironically, i suffer from acid reflux and have done so since i was a child. I will mention this to my doctor tomorrow.

If anyone else would be kind enough to share their thoughts or own personal stories also, please do so.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi there,

I do understand what your going through, I have had the same symptoms for years, everyone says my nose and sinuses are very healthy, so why the pain?

The only thing that has given me any relief is Menthol Crystals, buy them over the counter at most chemists, tip a few in a cup(they are very strong) and add about an inch of boiling water, inhale the steam closing one nostral at a time, this can take about 15 mins so keep going use as often as you need it, mind if you wear make up , your eyes will water a bit. Good luck i do hope this helps. Jo.

• Posted

Hi! Danny.

I just wanted to let you know, that I totally understand what you are going through. I have suffered with the same exact symptoms for the past five years. Needless to say, it has been a roller-coaster ride for me. Countless doctors, medicines, and tests. I'm currently recovering from two very bad wisdom tooth surgeries. A CT scan showed that I had infected wisdom teeth. But the pain around my eyes, etc. has continued. Hope you get to the bottom of your symptoms. Feel better soon.Kim.

• Posted

Hi Kim, thanks for sharing.

I do have one wisdom tooth left, at the bottom left (where were yours?) And its pretty cracked up... Might be worth investigating.

Is your pain completely disabling? As in, is it so bad that you literally could not work, watch tv or even sleep?

It's so frustrating how the health system just stays stagnant, whilst all the other technologies are advancing every day due to the difference in funding. If only there was more funding put toward health systems.

It's inhumane how some of us are left to rot by the health system, waiting up to a year for an appointment, when they know your in constant daily chronic pain... 

• Posted

Hi! Danny. Thanks, for your reply.

I had two very badly cracked, impacted wisdom teeth on the bottom. I also had one on the top left, that was all the way impacted. The one on the bottom right was so bad, it cracked the molar in front of it. Plus the infection spread to my jaw. I had four teeth surgically cut out in total. It was very traumatizing! I had my last surgery two weeks ago. Don't know yet, if it will help my sinus woes. The oral surgeon seems to think it will. Fingers crossed!

Danny, you really need to see about that awful, cracked wisdom tooth. At the very least, it will be out of your head. I'm actually glad to have those bad boys of mine gone. Just wish the chronic sinus issues would go away. The pain is very hard to manage, at times. I had to quit college over it. It effects every aspect of my daily life. Take it from me, it hasn't been easy. I too, wish there was more funding in the health care system. There are so many people suffering out there. My heart goes out to them. Take care, Danny. Feel free to write anytime. You're not alone.Kim.

• Posted

I know how you feel. Exactly the same symptoms as me. Try a natural nasal spray to kill the infection in your sinuses. There are many natural ingredients that can kill bacteria and fungus. I used sinusoothe and it was amazing but I know there are others that can work also. Sinusoothe was slightly painful to use but my does it work and i didn't need to use it for that long before it  cured me. No more headaqches, sinus pain, dizziness, fatigue or blocked nose
  • Posted

Forgot to say Danny - it sounds like you have  a sinus infection. The symptoms you describe are exactly like mine and my doctor said they are the classic symptoms. Your antiinflammatories will never get rid of the infection - you need something to kill the bacteria or fungus.
    • Posted

Really ? Interesting. Is it possible to have a sinus infection for over 6 years though? (serious question)

I think a big contributing factor to my pain could be my neck. I found out that if your vertabre are misaligned they can press on your occipital nerve, which ironically enough goes to your eyes.

If anyone thinks they may have something similar, or have been in an accident, Google occipital neuralgia.

I have started going to a chiropractor to see if this can be resolved, they reckon it can. Yesterday after getting my first treatment, I was in a lot less pain (1/4 > 1/2 less). I'll keep everyone informed!

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link and replaced it with a google suggestion as we do not publish links to specific clinic sites etc.

• Posted

Yes Danny. I have read that people have had sinus infections for twenty years or so. Glad to hear your feeling better.
  • Posted

Hello

As suggested in an earlier post, you most likely have silent reflux.

It took me several months of the same symptoms to realise it, and with help from online forums like this, I was then able to work through the various treatments to narrow down what worked for me, and thankfully eliminate all the commercial "band-aid" remedies that unfortunately the drug medical profession supports. Many (possibly even most) GPs would not know the full array of symptoms of silent reflux. 

Anyway, you should eliminate the obvious causes like overweight, alcohol, excessive eating, coffee, eating in a bad posture such as having meals in frontof the TV. 

I am lucky in that for me, it's caused by alcohol and associated overeating, and overweight. It hit me at 62 years age, my body just telling me to stop any further damage from these bad habits. 

Various foods will will also be antagonistic, especially starchy (yummy) foods like pasta, breads, potatoes, pastries, processed meats ....... if you get the picture.

If one already lives healthily and avoids such foods and habits and still has the silent reflux then I am sorry, as the issue then gets into more complex body/digestion interactions.  There's the basic theory that seems to work for many, of the stomach actually producing too much acid, the treatment being apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut and similar fermented foods such as Kimchi. And particular Bacillus yogurts. All these aid in minimising the "wrong" bacteria and getting the gut back to the right pH balance. That's it. Good luck. 

• Posted

A correction to my previous post, concerning acid produced in the stomach .........the assertion is that acid reflux can be caused by the stomach not producing ENOUGH acid due to the wrong bacteria being dominant in the gut, and that bacillus and fermented foods (and apple cider vinegar) can be a treatment for this.  Regards, gezza53. 
  • Posted

Googled a forum for me and have just come across this.

In my case, after years of complaining, they finally put a camera up my nose and saw a deviated septum which I am on the waiting list to have corrected...been over two years now and I'm just sick of teeth pain, eye pain, (left side where septum is deviated) headaches, the bane of my life.

I would definitely recommend insisting on a camera up there.

Hope it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.