Eyelid wipes

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am trying to find the best eyelid wipe for my Blepharitis.  I don't have demodex and have tried Cliradex but I'm allergic to tea tree oil.  Am using Systane wipes right now and wondering if they have any antibacterial properties???  What are others using for eyelid wipes?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had great results from OcuSoft PLUS. The plus is antibacterial. I cut the wipe into smaller squares and then put them on the end of a Qtip to rub along my lash lines. This way I don't irritate the skin on my lids and around my eyes which is very sensitive. 

• Posted

Hi Karen, I've used Wet Wipes in the past when my eyes were very swollen and inflamed and they worked for a while. After several months I found they were too strong so changed to ordinary facial wipes which worked better and my eye swelling and redness caused by the wet wipes disappeared. Recently I've changed again to Sainsbury's Aloe Vera facial wipes. I think it's a case of trying different ones and see which suits you. I use them whenever my eyes are itchy as well as after my heat treatment in the morning and evening. Check out all the entries on this forum as there are loads of options for treatments. Good luck x

• Posted

Karen

Check on product website re anti-bacterial effectiveness.

Try RED WET ONES ANTIBACTERIAL HANDWIPES cut into 8 pieces and wipe eyelid leave on for 10 minutes then rinse off dabbing each eye dry with clean soft paper towel. Do this a few times a day, use the warm wet clean clth compresses and buy OCUSOFT ORIGINAL LID WIPE FOAM to use before bedttime. Thats all you can do really. Others on this site have had good results with the wet ones wipes.

Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.