Ezetimide

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello again,

as i expected, my gp phoned me to discuss my cholesterol results. he knows i dont want statins so he offered me to take ezetimide instead which is another medication to lower tryglicides in particular. i've also ordered some artichoke tincture which is supposed to lower cholesterol. i have tried plant sterols but that didn't make any difference. has anyone tried this ezetimide and not suffered any side effects? Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i dont know what that drug is. I did try high dose of niacine but it gave me terrible side effects.

• Posted

hi. my gp prescribed this today. 500 mg. what side effects did you suffer from please?

• Posted

I know you need to think positive and I truly hope the Ezetimibe works for you.

Unfortunately it didn't for me - I was told it wasn't a statin but it had the same side effects of increased aching and pain in my joints.

But everyone is different so there's a chance you may not react poorly to the med.

Best of luck with it.

• Edited

I took Zetia (Ezetimibe) for many years without any side effects. I get muscle problems with statins. So, many years ago they reduced my statin dosage and added Zetia. Years later, they had me start taking Co-Q10 and I was able to increase the statin dosage and went off the Zetia. But I was probably on the Zetia for close to 10 years...never felt any side effects from it.

• Posted

Hello armelle67

all you can do hun is give it a try, if you start to feel not right then go back to your gp . give it a week or two. hope all works out ok keep in touch hun

• Posted

thank you. my gp prescribed 500 mg of niacin. he was reluctant to put me on medication. i hope that works.

• Posted

My doctor prescribed Ezetimide some years ago to help with my cholesterol since I refused to take a statin. It has had absolutely no effect on my cholesterol whatsoever. I recently agreed to take a statin because of so much pressure I got from my doctor and family. After 4 weeks I started getting severe back pain so I stopped taking it. Its been 6 weeks and the pain has not subsided. I saw a nutritionist to change my diet believing this will lower my cholesterol. I am 30 pounds overweight but my cholesterol is NOT dangerously high. My good cholesterol is good. When I told my doctor I stopped the statin because of the back pain, she told me to see my primary care physician. Thanks a lot!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.