Face pain after infected tooth/extraction

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had the infected tooth for 4 months or so following the initial toothache because my dentist wanted to save it. I had 2 root canals but the molar had a double root which was only discovered after the extraction. Towards the later months of having this tooth the discomfort started to appear around my jaw/cheek area but it wasn't "pain". A few days after the extraction these areas started hurting a lot, going into my nose, ear and giving me headaches. My dentist took months to finally tell me he didn't know what was wrong, after 2 lots of antibiotics, and I'm not being referred to hospital. My appointment is in over 2 weeks, and at this point it has been 11 weeks since the extraction and I'm still in as much pain. It gets worse on days where I walk or go out of the house more, other than that it just aches randomly. It used to hurt so much I couldn't walk at all, bend over forward or lie down. I have a feeling it is my sinus as it is uncomfortable breathing through the nostril on that side that hurts. It currently hurts all of my jaw and teeth chewing hard food and I fear my other ear is now feeling pressure and pain due to it. It's just random aches and pressure in my cheek/ear/jaw/nose. Sometimes I'll feel nothing and sometimes I feel like my head is being squeezed and my jaw very sore. I'm really worried about long term implications and I'm terrified where my health stands right now as I have no idea what is wrong and nor does it seem anyone else. Any help is appreciated.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi lul 

Its been 9 months after a dental work tooth extraction i have exactly the same pain as you are describing, hope you are better now , had your pain gone away ? 

• Posted

Wondering what ever happened? Find relief? Going through something similar and very frustrated. Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.