Facial Shingles left me with tingling and tremors on face is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi - I had shingles around my eye and forehead a year ago. I was given Pregabalin for ongoing nerve sensations. I don't have nerve pain but weird tingling around my eye, forehead & chin. I also have tremors in eyelid and lower lip. It's so scary. Is this normal for postherpetic neuralgia?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

yes your symptoms describing nerve damage from shingles unfortunately is correct.

i have it for over 20 years. just immediately had the first shingles vaccine and booster before a rash . i had red itchy spots on my back when it was discovered. the second vaccine came out a couple years ago had that too , it was supposed to be more effective. and we need to remember to have boosters every 10 years as the vaccines don't last long term. since the vaccines i have struggled with itching but not experienced any nerve pain, knock on wood so far, which was the reason doctors recommended receiving the vaccines.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.