Famotidine 20mg side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone.

I have been suffering with acid reflux for over 10 years. Ive tried all the PPIs and all have given me nasty side effects which led me to stop taking them soon after. Ive recently started taking Famotidine. I have experienced a type of tingling and pain (like small electric shocks) all over my body. Feels rather like nerve pain. It's annoying rather than anything else. I also had this with every PPI I took.

Famotidine has stopped my reflux symptoms almost immediately. My issue is I dont want to cause myself any permanent damage such as peripheral neuropathy by continuing to take the meds.

Has anyone else had these kind of symptoms? Do they go away in time? Should I stop taking the medication?

Im utterely fed up of reflux and had hoped Famotidine would be the medication to work for me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Lee

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

t's positive that Famotidine has helped alleviate your reflux symptoms. The tingling and nerve-like pain you're experiencing could be a side effect, but it's essential to consult your healthcare provider about these symptoms. They can assess whether the medication is suitable for you and help monitor any potential side effects. It's crucial to balance the relief from reflux with potential side effects, and your healthcare provider can guide you in making the best decision for your health. Don't hesitate to reach out to them for advice and further evaluation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.