Famotidine does this drug have same side effects as Lansoprozac??

Posted , 1 user is following.

Been taking lansoprazole 30mg for about 6months, after first month my doc put it down to 15mg. I stopped due to needing to pee all the time, my son said it was because my body was trying to get rid of the meds I was taking. Peeing went back to normal as soon as I stopped taking Lanso. You all talking about hair loss. I noticed when washing my hair tons were coming out and when I went to the hairdressers she was pulling tons out too, embarrassing. I have very thick slightly curling hair. On stopping the lanso. my acid reflux came back with a vengeance! So I halved the 15mg capsule and started taking again, it just about kept the acid indg. at bay with help from Rennee on occasions. After reading all this, think I need to stop completely, I have not been feeling my normal self, terrible fatigue and a bit of vertigo, once very bad. I do now drink a ginger tea after my lunch and it really does seem to help. Thanks for all the info and link to NHS acid indig. help. Not keen on having an op even with it sounding like the cure. Also, I do seem to have diarrhoea. Ginger tea didn't work last night, took 4 Rennie, but still in pain all night it seemed.

My doctor changed me onto Famotidine, I'm afraid to start taking them in case the bad side effects are the same. Can't find any info on anyone taking JUST Famotidine and the side effects they have had. Anyone? Please.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.