Fasting, Autophagy, and Scar Tissues

Posted , 4 users are following.

Before you continue reading, I would like to let you know in advance that:

"I AM NOT A DOCTOR, NOR IS ACTUALLY RECOMMENDING THIS TO EVERYONE. IN FACT. I AM NOT REALLY SURE ABOUT THIS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TALK ABOUT IT."

Months ago I was looking at this Water Fasting thing. Upon further research, I have read that if a person does long term fasting, the body eats up scar tissues. I am not sure if this applies to internal scar tissue especially in the urethral scarring that causes strictures.

This is what I found out:

"Improvements to skin and all other organs and tissues can only occur through two processes: autophagy (catabolic) tissue consumption and anabolic tissue building and growth. These are both normal processes that occur in the body over time: Fasting only accelerates and concentrates the occurrence of these natural processes and will do so in line with your natural potentials."

In connection to this, there is someone here who said that his/her strictures miraculously disappeared: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/a-miracle-i-am-urethral-stricture-free-655831

What I noticed on Jessy's story was that she did some fasting... so I assumed that the miracle was due to fasting.

There are more stories about this (not related to urethral strictures) that they testifies their scars disappeared (at least if not totally)

Here is my assumption to this: Body eats up and heals scar tissues. Since scarring (scar tissues) causes urethral strictures, therefore, long term fasting could be the cure.

Again, I would like to repeat, I am not a doctor. I am not actually recommending that we should do this. I am just posting this so that we could collectively talk about this especially with those who have already tried this.

About my background, exactly 1 year ago prior to this post, I hurt my perineum badly, I got erectile dysfunction, uncomfortable urinating, and there are still some sting of pain until now. I can still urinate so far... but not that perfect. I am nervous that I could also end up with strictures in my urethra.

I have heard about bee pollen. now I am thinking of this Long Term Water Fasting. But I won't be doing this yet until everything got worse.

What do you think guys? Please let me know your thoughts.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thank you. As a muslim I do fasting 1 month each year. Do u reckon I need to extend my fasting days.

• Posted

According to other's stories. Results achieved for more than 10 day. maximum is 40 days. I am actually not sure about this yet until we hear someone who have strictures tried this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.