Fear of suffocating in my sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

So basically I have a mild case of asthma and I'm to scared to use chemicals of any type to help out.I also have a fear of suffocating in my sleep due to my nighttime asthma I will lay down and wake up just as I nod out in a huge panic because it feels like I stopped breathing. I will usually go a couple days without sleep b4 my body can't take it and I sleep from being too fatigued.is their any way to get over this fear any way of naturally putting my brain to sleep without meds?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try magnesium supplements. There are a lot of people on the net who claim that it helps them with mild asthma and also seems to help with anxiety
    • Posted

Hi. Magnesuim supplements i heard of that to but if we have enough magnesium in our body it may not be good?
    • Posted

Will magnesium change my brain chemistry ? Whenever I use a substance I tend to freak out over what it might do to me in the long run
  • Posted

I am experincng the same thing the nod in my throat ans then i stay awake. Its been going on for 4 months and yes i to done sleep for days until i fall asleep but then it only like 4 hours and sometimes less. I just gave up. Im tired of feeling this way dont know what to do either. I dont want to take meds either becuase i think its anxiety but supposedly thats a mental thing so they said to relax and try deep breathing i tried ans its not working for me. I been praying. I want to sleep like my normal self again 8 to 10 hours a day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.