Fecal Impaction

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is embarrassing but I think I have a fecal impaction. I tried to defecate but I can't go all the way. I have a hard stool that won't pass, I've been trying for hours but the only thing that comes out is liquid. It feels intense and hurts really bad too. I feel a lot of pressure like I'm being forced to push. I also feel burning pain. Should I go to the doctors? I'm afraid to, to be honest. I'm only nineteen but I've been dealing with constipation for a while. Is there anything I can do at home to help? I don't want to have an Enema

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You could try a suppository or get an over the counter enema.

• Posted

I haven't gone into the doctors yet but I've been able to defecate even though it hurts like hell. I can defecate soft stools but I feel like there's some kind of blockage from a hard stool that won't come out and I keep having the urge to defecate. do you think this is still a fecal impaction?

• Posted

Yes, Get a Fleets enema. It should work. By the way, did you ever have surgery for hemorrhoids?

• Posted

Hey, hope things are going good for you now. I have those exact same problems of a little bit of soft stool but the feeling of a hard stool blocking everything. Constant feeling of needing to go. How did you get yourself all cleared out and back to normal?

• Posted

I hope you are feeling better. I have been experiencing this for the last few months and i have to admit, i thought i was going to die due to the excruciating pain. I called 111 the first time and i had a appointment in A&E, they prescribed me suppositories and liquid laxatives which worked instantly. The only thing is a month later, it has happened again. I called 111 again and i was referred to my GP who prescribed me the same medication again. I seem to be ok since taking the suppositories but this is not something i want to keep doing every month... Fact is, dont suffer in pain. Contact 111 or your GP and get medication.

• Posted

Okay, as soon as I resolved my issue I knew I had to share some tips. I had an impaction lasting almost 48 hours with a huge turd hard as a rock and was actually curved instead of straight, leading to the blockage. I tried milk of magnesia, enemas, and neither worked. Forsure pushing alone wouldn't help since I'm at risk for hemorrhoids due to chronic constipation. Two words: manual disimpaction. It's a very unpleasant, long process but I promise you it will be worth it in the end. Get gloves, and a non-sharp needle that you can dispose (I used a straight earring finding that had a little loop at the end. Something a little bigger will do better though, about the size of the enema tip.) It takes many little steps of having to "scoop" the poop out and you might have to take a break every now and then but once the worst is over you will then be able to push out the rest. It took me like 2.5 hours but after that and some very minor bleeding I'm pain free. Make sure you clean the whole bathroom after. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.