feel health/death anxiety is never going to leave

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have started to try and fight back I'm booking spa breaks doing everything in my power to get my confidence up getting eyelashes ect done because my anxitey is about eveeything not just health I have it about the way I look everything but health anxiety is killing me the most I have started going places on my own talking to strangers ect .

before I couldn't even walk in the street alone never mind go in a shop on my own I had to have somebody with me constantly now I finally feel I'm getting all of my life back together accept health anxiety this will not go away at all I was cooking tea I caught a glance in the mirror to notice my left eye was all puffy underneath I then got a tight feeling all under my eye and on that side of my face I have a slight headache and my throats achy so my mind goes straight to stroke or brain tumour allergic reaction ect that's it I'm now sat down scared to move at the fact I could drop dead any second !!!

I look at myself and think where have you gone ... I see my old self I feel it I can't actually get back to it which is making me feel depressed I could prick my finger and that's it I have aids !

I'm sick of it and trying my best though when you have tried everything what else can you do .

im not ready to give up juSt yet but I know I will get to that point it isn't the fact I'm just searching for my old self I know my old self still but I have been taken over completly by health anxoety and even worry while I'm on the street a little incase I get knocked down ect I guess it's death anxiety more than anything but it feels there's no way out of worrying about death as it's going to happen any ways but I don't want it too and I can't accept it's going too xx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephx

i am sorry your going through this.  I have health anxiety as well so I can relate.  Is there anyone you can go too to talk about this.  Your dr might be a good place to start.  One thing that helps me is to tell myself that's only a thought and let it go.  Keep doing this.  The thought will keep coming back so you have to be repetitive.  It's only a thought.  It's not true.  Try to talk with your dr about this.

write back if you care to.

lynda

• Posted

I have been to my doctors I've tried my best it's just health and death is always there everyday I battle with Symtoms and worry basically living to die and I feel I'm. Not living at all because I always feel / think im dying
  • Posted

You are too young to live your life like this.....cmon Steph keep going...its your thought pattern you need to control.  Say positive thingds about yourself.  You are doing well with going out talking to people...when you think about going out or to certain places I always say to myself ' who said I could not, everyone else is doing it so I will'  reinforce those positive thoughts.  Lots of Love and I believe in you.  We control our brains not the other way aorund. x

• Posted

Thankyou Joyce Im so proud of myself I still have negitive thoughts while out ect I just seem to be able to push through them I cant push through this though the harder I fight the stronger it gets I feel I'm going around In circles 😔 xx
  • Posted

I can totally relate steph but im a bit different i feel like I can't stay home alone i never wana go home i always want ppl around me i feel tired i need to sleep i need to rest but I can't if im on the elevator to my house it feels like someone is choking me. I already went through death anxiety for 4 years before and over came (apparently not) but my health anxiety strike and the 2 are sooo close it can't be avoided its killing me im inly 21

But hay we will get over this we can do it oky u r not in this alone believe me!!

• Posted

I don't like been in the house alone at all I still have to do it sometimes I feel it's more than anxiety and I'm paranoid or something But I have to push through it that's the only thing I can manage to do sorry to hear you're going through it too and we shouldn't not at this age I sometimes feel like a child because of all this if that makes sence I just want to be like everyone else but I can't no matter how hard I try .

have you had any help ?

• Posted

Hi Steph. I know how you feel, I have really bad health anxiety too, and have started to fight back only recently, its exhausting but I have conquered quite a few things already, which I'm proud of. The truth is you'll never be the person you were before because your constantly changing and evolving, (as we all are) this however will make you stronger, even though it doesn't feel like it at the time. But it will. Don't give up, take it day by day. Baby steps.

Take care. Xx

• Posted

Thanks arya I suppose it is true I will never be the same 😞 im trying my Best giving my all into it I have had a good day again talking to new people ect and making conversation I actually felt satisfied in my owN body but I realise everytime I come home Or start walking home All my symtoms Come On again today it's my ribs I believe something is wrong in my lung everyday I have new or different symtoms Or the same but worse I can't keep up with it I feel cranky and drained when they come On ans I change completely.

I'm glad you have sa

started fighting Back amd I hope you gwt better very soon xx

• Posted

I'm the same, I have health anxiety over my heart and basically everything else and I start creating symptoms, its not nice I know the struggle, I'm having a bad day today and forced myself to go out I feel dreadful but it has to be done. We think there's something sinister going on but here we still are lol! Its horrible. I hope you feel better soon, if you need to chat I'm here! X
    • Posted

Exactly its crazy like worrying the healthy days away ... aw thankyou means a lot and yes carry on what your doing you will get there xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.