Feel like I'm standing on Jelly

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had a weird off balance feeling for 2 months now and have every test under the sun which all came back fine, i have had anxiety for years though. Sometimes I think it's my legs and other times my eyes or ears but all tests i have done came back fine.

So me being me I was doing random things to try and bring on my unsteady weird feeling because I'm so frustrated no one can tell me what is wrong, so I was stretching in the shower and was bobbing up and down and it brings on the feeling as if the floor I was standing on is like a trampoline or my legs are jelly and I could just drop any second and the feeling lingers for a while after when I'm walking around.. I havent been diagnosed with anything other than anxiety and have done so many tests its so frustrating.. what is this jelly legs feeling?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This is often associated with vestibular issues. Have you had all the tests to check like VEMP/ecog under an ENT?

• Posted

Well I was in the same boat. I get bad balance and my left foot feels weirdly bouncy on the floor when I walk. It feels like I can move the floor around with it lol. I got nothing abnormal on all the tests too. I've been diagnosed with vestibular migraine by a neurologist. I was extremely sceptical as I had no headaches but apparently they don't always come with them and treatment is beginning to help. That's all I can suggest you look into

• Posted

Hi  Steggles,

Where are you from

I feel the same like you, few months now, boat bobbing, rocking sensation and walking like floating and sinking, light headed, but no room spinning  

You say you have anxiety for years, did you see your usual psychiatrist for it, what did they say

I think we might been having PPPD, i be telling my Neuro at the next visit 

I am from Singapore, prior to this i have mild anxiety and panic problem in daily life, besides that i hit my forehead one night, but for the next four days, all ok, but the fifth morning i woke up with the giddy light headed feeling, had a nightmare of falling down on the actual night and woke with a fright

I been to ENT hearing test, eyes movement test, MRI brain no blood clot all ok, doctor think i might have some post trauma thing and currently on a medication Amitriptyline close to a month, slight improving, but not good and constant enough

I like to really speak to someone, at least feel better that i am not the only alone person with this problem

Please reach me at +6593809412 Whatsapp, Wechat or Telegram, internet talking will be easier and cheap

Alan

Singapore

• Posted

same feeling with me,feels jelly legs like walking on boat or trampoline. any update mate?

• Posted

hey did you get any update from this? ive been feeling like this for months and doctors are no help! thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.