Feel sad, worthless, emotional and negative

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had a fairly positive couple of weeks and this week everything has just come piling back down & feeling as bad as ever.

My relationship is being affected, my social life is being affected, and I can't get out of this rut.

I can't even remember what I was like before depression but I long to be back to my 'normal self'. All I want is to feel happy and normal again.

I just can't stop crying and thinking how worthless

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm in the same boat pal it sucks, chin up and remember the good days will come back again even though it may take time , Much love take

Care

• Posted

Hi Hannah, you're not worthless. I know it's so hard when you're feeling the way you do. It's like having that inner battle with yourself. You're not alone, a lot of us here have been on that rollercoaster. Have you tried speaking to your partner about how you feel? I'm taking fluoxetine, which takes time to take affect but each day does get better. If you continue to feel worse, speak to your gp.

I hope things start to get better and you start to feel better. God bless

• Posted

I have tried speaking to him but he doesn't understand it properly, and he never will unless he is to go through the same. I take Sertraline and have done now for about 18 months. I just want to feel back to normal. It's so reassuring to know it's not just me going through this! X

• Posted

Hannah

Have you been to see your GP regarding your Depression. Please arrange an appointment.

Sometimes or personal and family life are badly effected when we are depressed We are unable to fulfill our duties and feel worthless you are not worthless you have an illness that needs to be  treated

One of the main things that can send you down the right path is to know what has caused your condition and talking theraphy may help bring all to th surface.

Please talk to your GP and get some help and understanding of your depression

BOB.

• Posted

Hello,

I have yes. I went to see him 18 months ago and have been on medication ever since. I see the doctor regularly but I just want to get back to my normal self and it's taking so long. I had counselling but didn't find it helped. I am now on a waiting list for CBT so hopefully that may help.

Hannah

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

I know how you feel. Please tell your doctor what you are going through. Don't do this alone. I didn't want to do anything or see anyone, but I was lucky enough to have family who made sure I got the help I needed. Tell your partner how you feel too. It is hard for someone who has never suffered from depression to really understand, but if they care about you, they will help you get the help you need. The meds I'm on now work very well for me and I'm happier than I've been in years. This site is great because you can talk to and hear from others who understand what you are going through. Stay in touch and let us know how you make out.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Hi Phyllis,

I have a really supportive family and boyfriend but it just never feels enough, they don't understand. My doctor has been great and I've been on medication for 28 months. I just hoped that by now I would be back to my normal 21 year old self.

Finding this site has brought me so much reassurance and comfort,

I just wish I knew about it a year ago!

Thank you

Hannah

• Posted

Hi Hannah, there is a lot you can do to climb out of it.

See a GP get meds

exercise

change diet

talk here- dont talk to other people who dont get it and will start to avoid you.

try and focus on things that are not emotional like doing puzzles...

• Posted

Hey hannah0202, I get exactly what you are saying I've felt that way for so long too, but we aren't alone, can see from all the other people on here going through the same things!

That person you want to 'get back' is still in there somewhere she just needs coaxing out smile also one of my biggest fears is how my depression and anxiety affects my relationship, but at the end of the day the number 1 priority is concentrating on ourselves and getting ourselves better.

Has setraline not had any effect on your mood? I've just started on 50mg a day and nervous to see how it's going to pan out rolleyes

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.