Feeling numb on lexapro. 5mg for 1 week. Will this go away?

Posted , 1 user is following.

So i just started taking Lexapro this week. My doctor prescribed 10 mg bit ive been splitting it in half to start because i had a really hard tome with Zoloft several months ago. Since having covid ive had really bad anxiety. I've always had GAD, but it has been considerably worse since covid.

I tried zoloft and came off due to side effects. Its a long story but i started in way too high a dose and ot messed me up royally.

Anyway i stopped that and swore off meds. I started regular exercise, yoga, eating well and therapy to try to cope without meds. It took a good while but the anxiety lessened. But it didnt go away entirely.

Stress of life and work coupled with insomnia brought the anxiety (and i think mild depression) back. I was having trouble functioning at work, living in brain fog, experiencing shortness of breath and worrying about literally everything and also having panic attacks again. I felt on the verge of a mental breakdown. Also over the past several months Ive developed this weird and embarrassing thing where my eyes tear up when talking to people. i cant seem to control it and its bothersome.

Thus the lexapro. Ive been on it for 1 week. Side effects so far have been manageable. I'm feeling calm but maybe too calm. I'm not happy or sad just kinda blah. I still get anxious about things im worried about but all in all i feel chill. Just emotionally blunted.

I'm a little concerned that when i increase my dose to 10 mg that the blunted feeling will get worse. Has anyone dealt with this at the start of Lexapro and did it subside with time?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.