Feeling of Water Trickling Down My Chest After VATS

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had VATS surgery for pleural effusion May 31st. About 2 months after I started feeling something like water trickling down my chest, both the front and back. I had a second VATs surgery about 2 weeks ago and I can still feel it. Has anyone felt this and did it go away? If so how long did it take? 

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been having the same feeling and other noises, started a few months after surgery. I just learned I have another collapse but because Ive had the talc surgery another surgery would be difficult. We are now playing a waiting game. 
    • Posted

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope the collapse resolves itself. I also had the pleurodesis with talc and am worried about another collapse because of the Trickling feeling of water. Did your doctor say anything about what it could be or if it will ever go away? 

• Posted

In my case I have been diagnosed with LAM. So not sure if the disease caused the current collapse or if I did something that caused it. So Im having to take it easy for 2 weeks, then Xray. If it is a stable collapse I believe I will then put on a med. If not he is talking a surgery where they stick fingers in your lung and expand it. I so don't want that. 

• Posted

I'm sorry I should have been more specific, I meant the Trickling of fluid sensation. Has that gone away yet and if not has your doctor said when it will go away? 

And I'm definitely praying that you don't need another surgery. Hopefully taking it easy will do it good. 

• Posted

In my case the water sound is connected with the collapse. So since finding it Tuesday, I have avoided stairs and bowling this week. The noise sounds better. Still hoping no surgery is needed. I just can't imagine a third lung surgery. Need a miracle and a break.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.