Feeling rather stupid with prep

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. Have this Bi Peg Lite prep kit. Was supposed to take 3 biscodyl tablets at 10:00 am today. Got involved and distracted and didn't remember until noon. Now I am all anxious and upset that things will not go well. I have had colonoscopies in the past but the prep was different. I had Pico-Salax before. It is almost 2:00 pm and still waiting!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Arleen, I just reviewed the directions and it states that with or without a movement to begin the liquid after 6 hours. A couple hours late isn't going to make or break the cleansing of your bowels but you may be up later than you'd like with bowel movements.  But I still think you'll be cleaned out in plenty of time for a good night's sleep.  Don't worry about it. 

• Posted

Hi, try not to worry too much, easier said than done, I know. But if you are only two hours late with tablets things with be two hours behind. (Excuse the pun).  I expect things will be moving now. I had the picolax thing so don't know about the tablets. Hope all goes well.

• Posted

Hi Arleen how food you get on with your colonoscopy 
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I did the cleanse OK, was squeaky clean. Had a different Dr. this time and was out for the procedure for the first time. Usually I'm very relaxed but awake. Had a small polyp removed but she said she isn't concerned. glad of that as I am an 11 year colo-rectal cancer survivor/ Last scope was 5 years ago. This time didn't have a BM for 2 days after and it was like the cleanse all over again. Now waiting for the next one! Maybe ate too much of the wrong foods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.