Feeling sad and dissapointed

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had some bad news today, the doctor called me to say that he had to cancel my operation due to a thumb injury he got over the wkend and needs time to recover. i am now waiting on his office assistant to call me to re arrange my operation. I had been counting dow was just over 2wks to go now i am now looking at 4-5 wks :-( dissapointed

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

That's too bad. I remember how I was counting down the days to my op, and would have been so upset with a postponement. Hope you can manage ok. Sending my good wishes!
  • Posted

so sorry but better the surgeon you know with a good thumb rather  than a surgeon put in  you don't know
  • Posted

Very very upsetting, but he needs to be injury free when operating
  • Posted

Just hoping for the best, but pre pairing for the worst time frame.
  • Posted

Hi Nattie, 

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear this and can imagine how disappointed you must feel -  Of course you want him to be in tip-top shape and a thumb is important ...

I don't know if this is an option and if you'd like it, but can you ask for another surgeon? 

Angel blessing s and'

big warm huig

renee

• Posted

How annoying. Guess it's a thumbs down rather than getting the thumbs up. Hope you cheer up.
  • Posted

I have nothing brilliant to add. I am in the countdown mode as well and I would be crushed if this happeneed to me as well. I am so sorry - it is amazing how much planning and energy one expends getting ready for this operation. And most of it is mental energy.I hope your surgeon heals quickly and that you are back 'on' soonest. And I think some serious 'distraction' is in order - time for your friends to rally on this ... perhaps a martini night ... 

Good luck with the wait, the operation and the recovery. 

Linda

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel l had been counting down for weeks had pre op seemed to go fine had my case all packed and lifts organised the night before my op they called to say l had traces of mrsa in my throat and my op was cancelled until l was treated for it. I had to wait another 2 weeks. I cried for 2 days was so down. U eventually accept it but l feel your pain.

So sorry x

• Posted

Thats awfull, I am hoping to have mine tomorrow and would be gutted if it cant go ahead, I have spent the day cleaning and preparing everything in great pain, everything feels liķe an effort. Hope you here something soon, nothing worse than waiting x
  • Posted

That's hard to take but if you have trust in your surgeon a few more weeks won't matter. You want him to have a great working thumb in order to give you a solid prosthesis. We never know what is in store for us and sometimes things like this happen for a good reason. Hang in there. 
  • Posted

Oh how disappointing!  BUT, I believe that all things work together for the good, so perhaps 4 to 5 weeks down the road will be a blessing in some way.  

Hang in there!

Dawn, USA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.