Feeling terrible after reflexology.. Worst flare ever

Posted , 6 users are following.

Here is a good one ,

Had a reflexology session for psa 24 hours, the result is that today I never experienced such a flare in my life!!!! After reading tones I discovered that massages in general should be completely avoid by psa patients!! Enthesitis trigger point should not be touched at all !!! Making the condition worst, only a gentle gentle massage can do... Any idea, experience ?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for your mail - very useful to know!  
  • Posted

I don't have PSA, but I do have another autoimmune arthritis/rheumatism. Various complementary therapies often make things worse befoe they get better - that also applies when you DON'T have a problem. Drink loads of water and - if you can - walk in the fresh air is the general advice my therapists have offered.

Personally - I find Bowen therapy very beneficial, very very gentle but even that may give you a bad day or two before you feel the real benefit.

• Posted

Ihave PSA and had a similar experience on holiday last year.Was feeling stiff following my flight and thought a massage might help, unfortunately it left me in agony and unable to move.I spent the first 3 days of my holiday in tears and the rest of my holiday with a nasty flare up.

I knew during the massage that it was hurting but language barrier made it difficult to explain that i didnt have a full range of movement in my shoulders etc.

NEVER AGAIN.

• Posted

The first massage I ever had left me unable to turn my head for months. That was almost 12 years ago and I have to be careful of my neck every day. I have enthesitis symptoms everywhere and nothing seems to help. Is this your experience too? I started Humira 6 weeks ago but have no relief yet. I'm also on prednisone and methotrexate and nothing so far seems to help much.

• Posted

I was going to book some reflexology, but I will not try it now! Thank you for that information. So sorry that you suffered so much x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.