Feeling very cold around knees, flu-like symptoms

Posted , 1 user is following.

For over a month now I've been having flu-like symptoms. After a few separate rounds of proper flu (sore throat, coughing, dry throat etc.), I now am feeling okay, but it seems my sensitivity is very high.

I sleep with a big duvet, and during the day I wear two pairs of long johns and jeans on top. Even so, if I sit for 15-20 minutes my knees feel cold and if I do nothing I slowly develop flu-like symptoms (coughing, sore throat). If I walk outside, or do any physical exercise I feel okay for the time being (I warm up fast though, then start sweating). But I can't be walking all day (today I walked for over an hour). It feels like some bug keeps chasing me and I have to be on the lookout all day without being able to enjoy my life.

As a background, I generally have issues with cold knees, which is strange given this happens to old people and I am 35. Also, during mornings, I generally feel unable to think, as if blood is not circulating well to my head. A coffee helps, but only for a short amount of time. This goes away around 2-3 pm, but not the cold knees issue. I am trying to figure what it is, maybe has to do with my diet, or maybe I generally have something that needs medication.

Should I monitor my blood pressure all day? Any advice is more than welcome! Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.