Feet hurt after waking up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi my feet hurt after waking up and mostly the heel also right foot more than left and was wondering if this is plantar fasciitis

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Symptoms of plantar fasciitis include pain around the heel and arch of your foot. It may be worse in the morning. A friend has it and has tried a lot of things to help. You could start by using a tennis ball under your foot. I have never had it but according to my friend it is really painful. She has had steroid injections too. Theoretically you can help it by rest and raise your foot on a stool when you can

put an ice pack (or bag of frozen peas) in a towel on the painful area for up to 20 minutes every 2 to 3 hours/wear wide comfortable shoes with a low heel and soft sole/use soft insoles or heel pads in your shoes/regular gentle stretching exercises/exercises that do not put pressure on your feet, such as swimming

• Posted

Thanks for the reply but my foot gets loads of rest. i work from home so my feet are always up on the desk loll will have to see the doctor after all this cornoavirus is over.

• Edited

John , I had pain in my right foot for the longest time. It got bad enough that i couldn't walk on it what so ever. So i ended up putting myself on crutches til I was able to walk on it again. It was very time consuming. But using the crutches actually helped . I guess by keeping the weight off that foot allowed it to heel up quicker. I only moved around on the crutches when i had to go to like the restroom or going to bed for the evening. I did have one or two times that i had to go out away from home on them as well.

• Edited

Mines my right one but it gets loads of rest to be honest so really not sure why it hurts. But will try that if it gets to bad.

• Edited

John its very time consuming if you decide to put yourself on crutches. But I'll say this if mine acts up again like it did before I'll pull my crutches back out and put myself on them for awhile til it eases back up enough that i can put full weight back on that foot thats painful. It takes several weeks when you decide to go the rout of going on crutches. I think i was on mine for four weeks til the pain finally subsided enough that i could put full weight back on that foot.

• Edited

Hi, If you have it the thing that cured me was using Plantar boots off Amazon about £20 each tops. A plastic right angle boot that fastens with velcro to use when you sleep. They keep your foot at a right angle which enables the ligament to heal-dont need to be too tight. Without the boot my foot dropped at night and standing up in morning the ligament ripped every time.

Sorted it for me and I'd tried everything before these boots.

• Posted

Hi John, The moderator won't allow a link-probably because the link was to Amazon & is a commercial firm. You'll have to locate them yourself from the description I gave previously.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.