Female Cystoscopy - please don't worry

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a flexi cystoscopy today, having spent the last week worrying about it. I am terrible with any sort of internal investigations so was dreading this. I found it reallly helpful to read other people's positive experiences so thought I would share mine.

It was actually ok, not painful, a little uncomfortable, but nothing bad...and it was over in a few minutes. 

If you are worrying about this, please don't as it really is ok.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know. Mine is on Thursday and I can't even think about it! Frightens me like you can't believe. I will let you know how it goes.

• Posted

I was the same as you, but it really was ok. 

I told them I was nervous so a healthcare assistant offered to come in with me to hold my hand and distract me. That really helped me. They used a local anesthetic so it's doesn't hurt, you can just feel it a little. It is all over very quickly. Ive just asked my husband and he said I was only gone for 5 minutes (and in that time I walked down to the room and back).

• Posted

I've had off/on pressure/pain seems like the clitoris area. I have an appointment December 29th with a Urologist. I'm afraid he will say have a Cystoscope test. I'm TERRIFIED Low pain tolerance. Was yours awake? I heard of partial sedation have you?

Michelle

Merry Christmas

• Posted

Do not worry , that is the worst thing you can do . If you explain your fears and concerns to the urologist , he should be able to put you at ease and offer the correct sedation . I have had both a rigid and a flexible cystocopy each time it was painless , slight discomfort but ouer in less than 2 days . Good luck .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.