FEMALE DIAGNOSED WITH AUTISM AT AGE 60!

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI!

UP TO THIS POINT MY LIFE DIDN'T MAKE SENSE...NOW THAT I HAVE THE DIAGNOSIS I HAVE BEEN REBORN! 

LOOKING BACK OVER MY LIFE IT NOW MAKES SO MUCH SENSE TO ME AND I AM RELIEVED! I CAN NOW RELIVE EXPERIENCES AND KNOW UNDERSTAND WHY I DID WHAT I DID OR SAID WHAT I SAID OR REACTED THE WAY I DID.

SO NOW WHAT?

I AM CONFUSED AS TO WHY PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY "I'M SORRY" WHEN THEY LEARN OF MY AUTISM. 

IT IS A GIFT TO ME.

LIFE SEEMS TO BE HARDER NOW THAT I HAVE THE DIAGNOSIS...

ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE WELCOME?

:-)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations on your diagnosis.

I have a autistic son of 6 years and desperately trying to get a diagnosis for my 8 year old daughter.

We are now going private with the help of my parents.

My daughter is very good at covering up in school but explodes at home.

She says to me a lot " Mummy I just want to be normal. I don't feel right but I don't know how."

I think a diagnosis would help her cope better.

Jayne xxxx ?😘 xx

• Posted

I know. I'm 70 y.o. and have just recently put the pieces together. It started with speach therapy in early youth. Then school teachers were noticing that I had some kind of disability. It's been a lonely life. But knowing why that is, makes me appreciate the few friends I've had in life. The lowly level of the many jobs in my background are finally explained too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.