Fentanyl

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ive been.on fentanyl patch i was on 50 ive got myself to 12 . How long if i take my patch off does it take to come out my system .

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It depends on how long you’ve been on it and is in a lot of ways highly individualized.  I was on 100 for more than a decade so my withdrawal was a major thing.  This coming November 27 is my 2 year quit date and I still suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome.  So, it just depends.  Sorry I’m not more help but just keep going and get off this stuff!

Melissa 

• Posted

Normally about 12 hours, but it depends how long you've been on the patches for.

Can I ask how did you reduce?

• Posted

Iv gone from 37.5 down to 25 then 12 and 6 by cutting patch, two weeks on from being patch free im still getting withdrawal symptoms, it's tough going but i will get there, i also had no help doing it as none available, good luck to whoever is going through this hell, your get there and well done to those who have done it  

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply . Im 3 days with out patch feel ok at the min .ive got some oramorf liquid jf i need it . Xxx
    • Posted

Well done, keep going, im now 3wks, still getting restless legs and agitation, keep going smile 
  • Posted

I've been on 50 for 8 years. Tried to go down to 37.5 but was so ill, had to go back onto 50. Not just withdrawal symptoms but the pain i take them for was horrendous, I couldn't walk.

But I'm going to stop feeling guilty about them which I did feel.

• Posted

Hi

I was in pain but im not sure i am now thats why id like to not have them hopefully i will be ok . Sorry about your pain i hope it eases soon xx

• Posted

I've been off for over 2 years and I still get restless legs. You're in for a ride but you'll get past it. Dont just jump off at 12mg, if it's not the gel patch cut it into two 6mg then when those are done cut the next ones into 3mg, use them up and be done with them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.