Fentanyl effects

Posted , 6 users are following.

I just chewed a 50mcg fentanyl patch for 30 minutes and I'm also wearing 1 50mcg fentanyl patch but I'm not feeling any effects. I thought this was supposed to be a powerful drug! Shouldn't I be sleepy or something. I was hoping to catch a buzz of some sort.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Your joking right!? Why wld you ever chew a fentanyl patch, are you trying to kill yourself? All to just catch a buzz!? You need serious help. Fentanyl is a SERIOUS pain relieving drug that is to be used by patients (like myself) who need it to function so they are not in pain. You are lucky that you havent OD'd chewing the patch. I suggest you remove the other patch from your body and seek professional help, you need serious mental help asap...this really is very upsetting to know that you think fentanyl is a joke.

• Posted

I never implied fentanyl was any sort of a joke. My ? was a very valid one. I'm still wondering if I'm supposed to be getting a high vause I don't want to pit on another one.

Your fingerpointing and judging is by no means any help.

• Posted

I agree. What you are doing is dangerous. 
    • Posted

Thank you both for stating the obvious but neither one of you have answered my ? in even the remotest sense.

The ? again is, "Shouldn't I be feeling any kind of effect from chewing 150mcg fentanyl patch and also wearing 1 50mcg fentanyl patch?" If you have any input I would appreciate it as I am trying to feel sedated and not overdose!

• Posted

Fentanyl should only be used as prescribed.  Otherwise you should not posess any.
  • Posted

The truth is that while Fentanyl is a very strong synthetic opioid, it has 

very little potential for any euphoric high. Some people might disagree with that statement, but as someone who was a heroin addict, and then on methadone for 20 years, in my experience while fentanyl can certainly stave off withdrawals from either of those substances it doesn't produce any really noticeable high - the nearest to a 'buzz' would be lack of sleep, and lack of withdrawal. What people are saying is right though - fentanyl is infinitely more deadly and unpredictable than smack and you are making a very dangerous choice with no great chance of getting what you seek. My advice is to stop right now (and I speak as someone fully versed in 'seeking a buzz).

• Posted

PS - far from making you sedated, it's been my experience that, while there can be an element of dissociation under Fentanyl, it has a tendency to keep my awake all night if I haven't been using it daily as prescribed. I used to get the same effect from heroin if I hadn't been using, and didn't have a habit.

• Posted

I hope you survived. That was a dumb thing to  do. The Fentanyl could have been out-of-date or slow release. the line between overdose and normal is knife edged, as with all synthetics. Only opiates (ie morphine derived analgesics) offer a chance of recovery.

If you must try too get high, stick to opium or papervetum. It will give you what you seek, but is probably all but unobtainable nowadays except from battlefield medical kits, and of course, the plant itself.

Other drugs require an university level understanding of many parameters, except grass, hash, or booze.

Best option: Stay clean, or get rich enough to employ a personal physician. Clea is good.

• Posted

Thank you for your nonjudgemental feedback. I know my actions could have ended with possible death.

I agree that being clean is much better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.