Fibro and struggling

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was told I had fibro around 5 weeks ago and for the past 2 weeks I've been on holiday abroad. Thankfully having no jobs to do like cooking cleaning etc my symptoms faded away and I had an amazing time. However on returning on Friday, my body has decided it doesn't want to carry on this good work and it's decided go back again to the old days. I've already been back to bed twice today and walking is a struggle. Has anyone experienced something similar? Many thanks

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Katharine

Yes, unfortunately with fibro it does happen. Feeling good one minute and pretty awful the next.  Glad to hear you had a nice holiday.

Gentle hugs wink x

• Posted

I have some kind of symptom daily. Just curious how does your legs feel that makes it difficult an is it in just one or both legs?

• Posted

I'm finding that generally just my whole body feels stiff so it's a great effort to get about. I'm not sure if it's due to the tiredness or not x
  • Posted

im in bed all the time in constant pain and i do pass out with it as well its a struggle to even go to the loo and mostly i wet myself as i cant make it and for me its like a death sentence and i just want to be my old self but its not going to happen i just cant handle the pain its so intense i hate it
    • Posted

Hi Derek

Have you tried Cognitive Behavior Therapy ( CBT) it's mindfulness of your thought process. It doesn't take the pains away but helps your mind to control the pains and the way we put life into prospective. It really helped me after suffering over 20yrs of pain and only been diagnosed with Fibro Aug 2014. Had my CBT in Nov 2014 for six week and found that it made me more of a confident person.

Hope you have a good day and gentle hugs....wink x

• Posted

Hi Bee Im thinking of giving CBT a go, its good that you had it and it helped you take care gentle hugs have a good week and hopefully with not too much pain xxsmile
    • Posted

not yet will ask my doctor about it but the pain is so intense at the moment i dont know when i will be able to get there unless i can get the doctor to come to me but will ask about that over the phone or get my wife to ask for me
    • Posted

Hi Derek sorry to hear your in so much pain. what I try to do when the pain is really bad and it doesnt always work, but I try to relax as much as possible and focus my mind on something else other than the pain Im in. it could be a magazine Im reading word search tele. see if you can focus on something anything to take your mind off the pain your in. take care gentle hugs thinking of you  
    • Posted

its hard as the pain is all over my body today and is so bad nothing i trey is working and i do try to have faith in things i try but its just not working today im so exhausted i cant even get out of bed and the pain is of the scales but all that makes me happy is talking to all you guys on here as its nice knowing im not the only one and it gives me some comfort and its also nice to have you all as friends so thanks to you as well as everyone else it means a lot to me and if theres one good thing the pain has given me its all of you so thanks to you all for not just being there for me but for everyone else to
    • Posted

we are all in this togeather and will do all we can to support each other just rest and if possible try have a sleep. wish I could do something to take our pain away take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

I know it's easier said than done.....but focusing on positive thoughts and happy moments is the way forward.

Dealing with a day at a time and only do what you can is the first step. The pains of fibro can take over but with the positive attitude we to can fight the fibro pains away even if it for a short while.

The people on this forum give so much support and advice and you will feel like part of the Fibro Family.

Gentle hugs to you and hope you have a better day tomo wink x

• Posted

Hi Kaz

Definitely give it a go. Good Luck and if you do decide to go remember to keep and open mind and hope it gives you as much confidence as it did with me. It really opened my eyes to a lot and for me it's the best thing ever. I see and do things with a different attitiude to my daily life.

Hope you are feeling much better now and the earache has disappeared.

Gentle hugs and take care wink x

• Posted

thank you i used to be a very good martial artist so im a figthter but this is a fight i know i cant win but iwont let it keep me down all i can say to fibro is good luck you may win but not easiy as you have one hell of a fight to put up to beat me
    • Posted

me towish our pain would go away but we know it wont but i have had a couple of bottles of abbot ale and i must say it hit me in a big way i felt a bit tipsy i used to be able to handle it but i now know i cant so time to move on from the past and all im doing now is taking it easy and resting but thats all i do though i just cant seem to do anything its so depressing i have had this for years but its only now just sunk in but im finding things easier talking to you and other people on here and it helps even though its for a short while
    • Posted

Hi Derek it is hard going what we are having to deal with and put with, but we have to keep going forward and not look back. we cant bring the old us back I really wish we could but we cant. its a case of just taking a day at a time just go with the flow as they say. we cant do any different its onwards and upwards. plus when Im having a bad day I stop think of people that are worse off than me children adults fighting cancer. it doesnt make our battle any less but their are people in this world battling just as we are. I watched my mum battle for her life with cancer I nursed her to the end. she fought hard my mom was a fighter thats how I want to be. our bodys tell us when theyve had enough and they just want us to rest, dont fight against what your body is telling you as I found out to my cost it only makes matters worse for you. Take care gentle hug thinking of you
    • Posted

Hi Bee I will have a word to my gp about refering me. Earache had gone off then come back tonight, Ive had some upsetment today got to take mt dog to the vet hes not well, and had some upsetment with my son, so on a downer. never mind hope your ok hope all goes well wed for you and you have a good week take care thinking of you gentle hugxx 
    • Posted

for me its hard as i cant even play with my near 3 yr old son and that is the worst pain i have ever had it hurts more than any other pain i have ever had to go through but i dont want to go on to much about me without knowing how you are and how you deal with it 
    • Posted

Hi Kaz, sorry to hear about your dog not feeling well and also about your son. Stay calm and positive and deal with one issue at a time.

Gentle hugs, hope today will be a better day for you. wink xx

• Posted

Hi Bee Hope you have a good week you have alot going on. hope course goes well for you tomorrow and hope your sons transition day goes well for him. My dog isnt himself taking to the vets tomorrow tea time so will see what they say. Im having problems with my internet service and also my laptop I think its on the blink. so If you dont hear from me you know why flaming internet ? hope your not in too much pain hun take good care of yourself hope you  have a good week gentle hugssmile
    • Posted

Hi Derek I really for you not being able to play with our son, that is heart breaking for you. your little 1 wount be able to understand why daddy cant play its really hard on you all as a family my heart goes out to you. as you all you want to do is play with your son and do normal family stuff. You asked how I cope some days I do some days its a struggle. I just take each day as it comes and see how I am feeling If I feel up to doing some house work I do. If Im not feeling good then I just rest.Ive started to listen to what my body is telling me. as in the past Ive ignored what its saying to me like rest pushed pushed myself and ended up paying a high price for it  by being bed ridden,I just go with the flow and how I am feeling on each day. pain wise its just hot water bottles and wheat bags. I cant take tablets as had bad reaction to tablet so I just grit my teeth and get through the pain as best as I can. believe me its not easy but got no choice just got to get on with it. Ive found people dont understand what your going through, unless they have fibro. here for you m regards to sharon take care gentle hug  
    • Posted

I understand how you feel. There is a seven yr age gap between my two sons.  When they were both around 18mths old, I could no longer hold or pick them up as my pains were severe. Although during both my pregnancies I was totally pain free.  They both understood at an early stage I was living with pains but didn't really understand when they were younger. Now at 11 and 18 next month, they do try to help out, but being boys only help out when asked.

Staying focused and not giving up is the key thing and dealing with a day at a time. You will get there and try to enjoy as much as you can while your son is growing up, it can be a challenge but well worth it.wink x

• Posted

morning Bee thinking of you today, hope you get on ok with your course I am sure you will be fine. hope your mom is well and having a lovely time with you all. hope all goes well for your son and his transition day its a turning point in their lives starting the senior school. Hope your not in too much pain. Thank goodness its gone cooler, its given it warm from friday. off to vets later with charlie will let you know how it goes. I am having problems with hands fingers Im in alot of pain with them both hands are getting weaker especially my left hand. never mind plod on, hope everything is ok your end. thinking of you take care gentle hugsmile
    • Posted

i wont let fibro get in the way of me and my son and i do try to play with him but get a lot of pain but hes a good boy he cuddles me when i get pain and he does not mind me taking breaks when im playing with him the trouble is children grow up to quick and you know the saying if you blink you have missed something well fibro wont make me miss anything where my sons concearned cause i dont care if im in pain when doing things with him cause hes worth it
    • Posted

they grow up so fast make the most of it while hes still young as when they get older and leave school they dont need you so much and want to make their own way in life and go off. focussing on your soon may helpto take your mind off the pain your in cherish each moment you have with him
    • Posted

i do and always will just wish  i was not in so much pain but my sons worth it and the pains never out of my mind as its always so intense its a constant reminder of just how horrible fibro is but i get a lot of joy out of playing with him and thats when i feel at my strongest cause my son is worth going through pain for and fibro can give me its best shot cause it my give me hell but its not going to take away the most precious things to me which is my wife and son and i dont care about pride now but it wont take my dignity x 
    • Posted

Good for you. Kids are so important and before you know it they grow up and the understanding for them is far better and the support for you will grow further.

Take care and stay positive. wink x

• Posted

Hi Kaz

Transition day went well for my son. He really enjoyed the experience at his new school. Mum is having a great time here. My training was ok but a lot of information to take in. All in all, everything is going well.  My hands still in pain too and still very tired, but still smiling and carrying on.  Good Luck with Charlie at the vets. 

Yeah, it's nice for the weather to be cooler but warming up again by the weekend. 

Hope your pains in your hands ease up soon.

Take care and gentle hugs to you. wink x

• Posted

Hi Bee Oh dear Ive sent you message asking you how things had gone then just found this message off you. Im still finding my way round the forum and trying to find my messages.? Im not good on directions and finding my way around any where. So pleased everything went well for your son, he enjoyed the experience at his new school. I think its good they have these transition days. sorry to hear your still in pain with your hands were doing well between us with our hands. I bet your mum is enjoying herself being with you all. spending time with her grand children. hope weather doesnt get too hot? charlie is on 2 lots of tablets antibiotics and steroids. he said has he been near any other dogs. I said no why I said he went in kennels the other week but he was suppose to have been in a kennel of his own and the dogs are suppose to be walked seperatly. he said we have no proof but he thinks charlie has been bit by another dog and its got infected. because charlies fur is thick and fluffy we hadnt noticed anything. until I came to bath and groom him. Im upset at the state hes in and very angry. but weve got no proof. charlie wount be going in kennels again this is the 2nd time now  he was bad another kennel he stayed in.I wondered how the course was going and how you were finding it. not easy taking anything in with our condition. I had to keep asking the vet to explain things? I felt such a twit.hope the rest of the week goes ok for you it will soon be friday. you take care gentle hugs xxsmile 
    • Posted

i went back to sleep earlier and woke up in the worst pain i have ever felf will have to take it easier tommorow think i over did things today guess i just firget sometimes that i have to slow down
    • Posted

We all have to learn to pace ourselves, if we are having a better day we think right I will do this do that, then fibro comes and bites ou on the bum for over doing it. its alearning curve for us all. even though its frustrating we do have to pace ourselves or pay a high price for it. Hope you have a better day today sun is shinning that always puts a smile on my face, you have your little boy to keep you going and your wife take care gentle hugsmile
    • Posted

they are my life but sadly so is fibro but thats not getting in my way of enjoying my son as well as life itself so all i say to fibro now is bring it on you may have won the battle but you wont win the war 
    • Posted

focus on your son and wife and not the fibro,  we know as yet their is no cure, so weve no choice we have to just except it and get on with it. I think excepting it is the hardest thing. as Ive tried to fight against it. when I have Ive paid the price dearly. so excepting it is the best way to going forwarding and managing the condition the best we can. Im finding chatting to every one on the forum the best medicine therapy of all. take care gentle hug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.