Fibromyalgia?? Please help :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

A month ago I was fine, no pain, no aches, nothing.

Then a small burning ache started in a precise spot on my right thigh.....then my breasts started to hurt.....then my elbow on my right arm..... Both sides of my ribs under my armpits.....my shin on my left leg and my inner thigh......then my whole left arm from wrist to armpit.

I feel like I've just been punched all over!

Bloodtests - normal

Urine test - normal

Stool sample - normal

ECG - normal

The pain isn't all the time, but in short sharp or short burning aches, it's stopping me from sleeping properly and its sometimes really scary when I get a sharp pain in my chest and left arm. It takes my breath away sometimes sad

I also get these strange "rushing" feelings in my chest/head when I lay down to sleep at night. Its almost like the rush you get when something makes you jump, but it lasts only a few seconds then it's gone. But I can have 3 or 4 of them in a row. But of course it's quite scary when you've no idea what they are.

Been in and out of doctors for weeks now and spent nearly £100 on prescriptions that haven't helped.

Been put on Amitriptyline 10mg for the pains but no change yet after a week, will keep taking for now though.

Im not convinced it's Fibromyalgia, but my doctor isn't the easiest to talk to.....

If anyone has any insight and can help me understand this all or maybe has any ideas please comment.

Im 28, only other issue is PCOS but that doesn't give me much hassle.

Just want this to go away sad

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tidgypud,

it does sound as though it could be fibro, I'm afraid. I also get that weird feeling at night in bed which can be a bit scary. Unfortunately the typical story with fibro is that all tests come back normal. Have you been referred to a rheumatologist? If not, I would ask your GP to do that, as it seems from this forum that this is the way most people are properly diagnosed. Good luck. x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, Its all been such a blur, 4 weeks ago I was fine sad

My GP did mention about seeing a rheumatologist, but Im still not convinced that It is Fibro......or maybe Im still just hoping it isnt.

My pain isnt constant like others seem to have either. Its just short sharp but achey pains.

I just dont understand it, 4 weeks ago I had no pain at all and now Im worrying all the time that it could be something more sinister (which probably isnt helping).

I just want to be ok again sad

• Posted

It doesn't sound to me (ex-nurse) as if it's anything sinister, I don't have constant pain either. If your GP is willing to refer you, then definitely agree, as that will be helpful for a diagnosis. You don't mention any fatigue at all. Is this an issue for you? As you say, worrying won't be helping at all so do try not to. x
    • Posted

No fatigue no, thankfully, it's only when I go to sleep and I get those weird head rush feelings that I find it hard to fall asleep initially.

I really do feel for those who have had it for so long and with more severe symptoms, for me its just very frustrating at the moment because there wasnt any cause, it just started with a minor thigh pain, then painful breasts, then went from there sad

Thank you again for responding, somehow knowing that Im not going crazy has helped me process this a little easier x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.