final straw

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys i was just wondering if anyone has tried doxycycline and if it worked for them and returned their eyes back to normal with no swelling or redness at all 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Similar, I will take minocycline till my eyes clear up.

Usually takes a week.

• Posted

I have taken it last oct/Nov for 6 weeks......but it has worked for me up to now ...I still kept up with the cleaning regime though....
    • Posted

what do you clean your eyes with, i have tried so many things but nothing seems to work for me also will probiotics make the antibiotivs not work
    • Posted

Hi sophie34327

My cleaning routine starts 1st thing on a morning.

When I get out of bed I use a cotton pad soaked with blephasol lotion diluted in boiled cooled water that I keep in a plastic bottle in the bathroom and wipe my eyes then use lumecare eye gel in each eye.

When I have my shower later I let the hot water flow over my eyes and when I get out i clean the inside of the lids with the solution and cotton buds then wipe with blephasol wipes (I tear 1 in half and use 1 half for 1 eye) then use eye drops for the dry eye.

When I get in from work around 5pm I heat a eye bag in the microwave for the required time (30 seconds) and put over my eyes for 10 minutes then I gently push up on the bottom lids and the top lids to remove any oils blocking the ducts in the lids and clean with the blephasol lotion solution and put eye gel in. Before I go to bed I wipe over my eyes with the blephasol wipes . I make sure I do this every day and if I get a flare up I do this more often during the day x I hope you can find a routine that works for you xx

• Posted

Hi Sophie,

I have used Doxy and yes it works.  At least for me it did.  Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.