Finally Done with Hemorrhoidectomy !

Posted , 1 user is following.

Well it all started in 2016. I was having busy schedule it kind of affected my lifestyle. My work involved working in day and night shifts which affected my BM very badly. COnstipation and Straining led to haemorrhoids.

1 external skin tag and few internal injuries made my life hell. Took so many supplements. For a while it was okay and again if my diet changed, my BM got affected.

Finally I decided to go for surgery. After reading all horror stories I wanted to contribute mine too! 😄

My surgery was scheduled for Friday morning but got delayed. I was super hungry and thirsty and really wanted to eat something.

ANyway I underwent surgery. Doctor said it should be quick and I can go home the same day!

DAY0:

After surgery I was shivering badly and very sleepy. I heard myself snoring!

I was taken to the recovery room. Nurse was checking on me all the time. I didn't had problem during urination. Anasthetics worked very well. I didn;t had any pain that day.

My husband and I came back home. I was very sleepy.

I had my first BM (I don't know I should even say that) because it was just flushing of the packing and No BM as such. Though I felt like one. Had some food and slept.

DAY1:

I woke up feeling normal. No pain.

I was given Calamine cream to apply at the anus. Took sitz bath, applied lidocaine ointment. No pain and no BM.

I again slept from 1Pm to 3PM i guess.

I woke-up with some pain. Then I took all the pain meds at once which I was avoiding. (Gabapentin, Oxycodone, Ibuprofen) No BM whole day inspite of taking stool softner (Docusate sodium)

DAY2:

Had a healthy breakfast with oats cereal and Banana. Keep myself hydrated. Waiting for my first horror BM. 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.