Finally free nurofen plus codeine addiction

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been addicted to nurofen plus for the last 5 years the last 2 years I was taken up to 30 a day I decided to go to my gp to get help he put me on a detox programme basically cold turkey it's now 5 weeks since I took my last nurofen plus the 1st 4 weeks were very hard but thank gody withdrawals are over all I have now is a headache but that will eventually go I feel better now alot better and the thought of taken a nurofen plus again or codeine is not there so hopefully this the end of this horrible addiction. I wish anyone trying to give them up all the best and hopefully you can kick this addiction. Finally I'd like to thank everyone that helped me on these forums got some great advice and support:-) :-) :-)

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jossie,

I too am kicking a Neurofen plus addiction, I was taking the same amount as you roughly 32 a day. It's an expensive habit right?!

I'm on day 14 and I'm feeling a lot better than 9 days ago! I can go to work, I can think clearly but I'm still not back to 'normal' yet. I get so irritable to the point I've started to tell my girlfriend to go home at night rather than sleeping together. I don't think I have anxiety or restless leg syndrome.... I just want to be alone. I wouldn't say I'm depressed either, I smile regularly, I duno its hard to explain.

Everyday gets better so I hope in time I'll get back to my happy self again. I've got all this week off work so I'm going to hit the gym etc.

I'm glad you've managed to get through all this, you are an inspiration.

Sweatz

• Posted

Thanks sweatz fair play to you its hard but ur threw the worse of it well done for that I'm 8 weeks free of them now and still not 100 per cent I keep getting rebound headaches which can be bad but generally feel good if ur up for exercising that's great I started 2 weeks ago and it helps so much

Ur doing great and you will get bad days and good days just remember what you went threw to get off them

Keep up the good you can do this anything I can help with just let me know

Jossie

• Posted

Thanks Jossie,

It's nice to speak to someone who has/is going through this. It's not a nice time at all is it. I've had a little bit of the headaches and weirdly ear ache, not sure if thats related or soemthing on its own. 

Yes, I keep telling myself i'm not going through the physical withdrawals again! 

I'll keep on trucking haha

Sweatz

• Posted

I am on day one of withdrawing from 80 tablet a day addiction. I am simpy just cutting down alittle each day.

Any ideas on how much to cut off? also, how did you deal witht he waves of withdrawls that hit you?

Congrats... and I am jealous!

Joel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.