Finally got a diagnosis

Posted , 8 users are following.

So after 6 months of pain and tests finally got told tonight I have a stone stuck in my bile duct plus stones. Such a relief to know the I wasn't imagining the pain lol. Anyone else has a stone removed from the bile duct as I'm quite apprehensive. Thanks all x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

What kind of tests?
    • Posted

Alexie I had ultrasound which showed inflamed bile duct. Endoscopy which h was a waste of time and then MRCP which showed the issues
  • Posted

Hi Sam

Yes I had a stone removed from my bile duct.   Had gall bladder removed and then two weeks later started with more pain and after investigation they realised there was a stone in the bile duct (doctor said it must have leaked out when they removed the gall bladder) anyway had endoscopy to remove the stone, what a relief as it gave me terrible pain and sickness, worse than the gall bladder problems I had). Endoscopy is nothing to worry about and the relief was immediate so don't be worried about it.  All the best   Brenda

• Posted

I had to have an ERCP to remove mine from my bile duct they found 7. I was fine they gave me something I dont know what to relax me, a week later I had my gall bladder removed as it was badly diseased. I am sure you will be fine love xxx   
  • Posted

Thanks,all consultant said I should get some relief one it is removed from my bile duct so fingers crossed I won't need to wait too long x
  • Posted

An MRI showed I had an inflamed bile duct but no stone so I passed mine. I've still got a gallbladder full of stones though. I have mine out in 3 weeks. The wait to remove gallbladder is so long. It will be 7 months for me. Get the endoscopy done and the stone removed and you will feel better judging what everyone says here. Are you getting your gallbladder out?
  • Posted

Last week up at the surgical admissions an old lady was talking to me saying shed been on the same situation as me back and forth over and over and eventually got the same diagnosis as you stones in the bile duct. She had already had them taken out but had to go in for a follow up with the surgeon. She spent time talking to my partner explain how he should take care of me as it's so painful having gall stones (even though mine is suspected) but she also said since having the stone removed from her bile duct she felt like a new woman. She was up and walking about the next day as if nothing had happened and was just waiting for her appointment to have her gall bladder removed. She couldn't have been happier..... just thought I'd share to hopefully put your mind at rest xx
  • Posted

Hi sam I had the same, a large stone blocking the duct , my gallbladder was infected and inflamed . Iwas really lucky and had private medical ins through work and used to see someone before Xmas this yearso didnt wait long . I was advised to have my gallbladder removed as the stones can reappear if dispersed when possible.To be honest I had become so weak and the pain was so bad I was really struggling day to day.My gallbladder was removed in Jan and although Ive had a few minor issues I now feel better than I have in years so try not to worry the op is really not that bad although I do now take multi vitamins as Its only been 3months and it is still an op at the end of the day Good Luck to you feel better soon
  • Posted

Yes, I had a whole row of them in my common bile duct.  If there is only one, hopefully they will be able to deal with it by keyhole, but be prepared for the possibility that they may have to do an open surgery if it isn't easy.  Mine was always going to be open as there were so many.  But this is three years ago, and I am so glad to be free of the pain I suffered for well over twenty years, which was diagnosed in my early twenties as 'trapped wind'.  All the tests I had were geared towards other things, barium enemas, barium meals - until eventually I thought I was going mad and just tried to live with it.  Then many years later there were two occasions when I was with others (my sister and my cousin respectively) who on seeing me curled up, hyperventilating, and all the usual said "Go back to the doctor, this is not wind".  I saw a different doctor who immediately said "That sounds like biliary colic to me" and on seeing my scan, the radiologist said that he thought the stones in the CBD must have been 'air bubbles' because  if they were stones I "should have been yellow".  Sorry for the long story, but it's been good to eventually talk to folk who understand the pain.  Good luck with your op, Sam - and just look forward to NO MORE PAIN! razz
    • Posted

I've only just read the other replies.  I didn't realise you could have them removed by endoscopy, but this wasn't offered to me.  If so, happy, happy days - and I hope it is quick and easy for you. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.