Finally my folliculitis has stopped after 20 years

Posted , 1 user is following.

Folliculitis has been the bane of my life for over 20 years . I am 38 and I have tried it all. antibiotics , anti bacterial shampoo you name it. In my journey for relief I must note to you all that T gel worked very well but it ultimately always came back . when i shaved my head this also seemed to help- not an option for some but it did.

Anyway- recently i had a cyst removed from my head . it was a large one that took a while to remove and its not even all gone; there is still some membrane but the procedure did remove the inner puss (gross but stay with me ) . That was 5 months ago and since then I have not had a single' folliculite' as i called them . If you have a cyst on your head please go to your GP and complain about it hurting , tender and have it removed . Let me know if this method is effective .

I would love to know the correlation between cysts and reports of folliculitis also .

Good luck to all who suffer

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.