FIngers

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello again! I am wondering if anyone has continuous pain in the fingers? Mine started months ago on one finger to where i couldn't bend it and happened ff and on moving to other fingers on the same hand. Then it jumped to my other hand specifically my "birdie" finger lol. Though the pain is pretty much constant in the one finger it jumps to my other fingers constantly. Hydrocodone doesn't help and neither does ibuprofin. I do not have any redness or swelling except for the fact that my palms and inside of fingers have been chery red for 2 years.

Also I get pain in my foot where I have to flex it often and every night and it can take me forever to get to sleep.

Does this sound familiar to anyine else? I don't thonk RA because no swelling and I tested neg. Maybe just arthritis or my FM???

In between rheumy's now.

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

do you have raynauds? it hit my middel finger first and deformed it. i have it in my toes and ears as well. 
    • Posted

Hello dee53012, I don't think I have Raynauds. My fingers do not seem to be sensitive to the cold or heat. It's just the pain and red palms though I have been doing research and it seems people with auto immune diseases have something called nitric oxide which can cause red palms. I have had liver problems with my enzymes rising and lowering. No chirrosis. No hep. Just now before I sat down my legs felt like lead. This is such an insane disease and so frustrating. There are many days I feel broken but last week I was able to paint a wall and a ceiling and even though I paid dearly, it felt so good!!!!!!  Hope you are well and thank you for replyingsmile

• Posted

I know about paying dearly for things, likeyourself, I am still struggling to NOT do things when I have energy. I feel guilty for just sitting, sometimes for weeks, getting up only for necessities. I have to have people come help me clean. So when I do have energy, I use it up hard and fast as I can. That energy is only about 3 hours in a day and and rest for a week or three. It is frustrating.

• Posted

I see we totally understand each other. There are times I feel guilty ALSO then I try and remember it's not my fault and it isn't yours either. Some things are beyond our control and it the role was reversed with a loved one we would give them the same advicesmile

• Posted

Hello tj,

?I have something similar in my right hand mostly.  Mine is in my pinky finger, and goes to my "birdie" finger and my index finger.  But, I do have RA, and my thumb and wrist is really bad.  But the shooting pain is almost like a shock and I can't even move them either.  At least for a good 10 minutes, then with forcing it with the other hand, I can after.  My RA doc said the thumb and wrist is due to the Sjogrens...for some reason, that is a common area to be affected. 

?Sjogrens is my primary, then came the RA, and a whole host of other auto immune stuff.  My Sjogrens has gone inside to my organs as well, so we never know what to expect next with this crazy disease!!! 

?I wish you luck!!  It will be interesting to see what your new RA doc has to say!!  Keep us posted!!  XO

• Posted

all i can say it ouch!! i have a polymyositis, a connective tissue disease and it hurt like that too. 

sorry to hear it is in your organs. hugz

• Posted

Thank you for getting back to me smile

SO sosososo sorry it is in your organs. That  must be awful. This a terrible disease and I hate how it progresses. I just met with a speech therapist who tested me to see if I really had swallowing problems. I failed the test and the next step is a swallow test at the hospital. It seems like nothing compared to what you are going through though it is horrible for ayone who has this. 

Wishing you the best of everything and a pain free day!

• Posted

I will look that up for sure. Sorry you are in so much pain!
  • Posted

i get it in my wedding ring finger of my right hand finger does swell. I also have to flex my foot. Pain in knee for over 3 months. Been refered to rheum clinic appiontment next Monday.
  • Posted

I'm sorry about your fingers. Your pain sounds excruciating.

The foot-flex thing sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome. I have had it for about 24 yrs and use gabapentin. I believe there are newer meds. Yes, I gained weight on the gabapentin but at least until can get to sleep ,,, because without it the RLS is strong enough to override my sleeping pill!

• Posted

Hello aitarg, I do get restless legs often but never connected it to the foot! I will for sure ask my GP. I tried gaba and it made me very sick and Lyrica made me sleep 18 hours a day.Getting ready for Cymbalta and another med that starts with an n lol. Going to look up restless leg/foot now so Thank you for the input!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.