Finromyalgia and Symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I am 21 years old, and been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for over 3 years now. The symptoms just keep rolling in, and I'm feeling sadder and sadder. I can't control the pain, and struggling for to keep it at a tolerable level.

I have been told I know have sciatica. And that is so painful. I also have multiple gallstones that are large and painful.

I was just wondering what you guys are doing to survive.

I also wanted to ask, I am currently on my period. And every month I am in so much pain with it. I know all about hypersensitivity etc... but am just wondering if you are suffering during it too? My period never used to be like this. I am doubled over in pain. Like hot lasers are pointed at my stomach and vagina lol.

I work full time in a doctors surgery yet I am no closer to hearing about any breakthrough drugs or cures. I was wondering if anyone heard of a panel we could join to test new medications etc..?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated, as I feel so helpless. And to be honest there's no way I can keep going like this. It's killing me. x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you on any medication? I agree with you, I am very low at the minute and I have Fibtomyalgis, Hypermobility Syndrome and Costochronditis. I have not long started tasking Gabapentinso I'm hoping this helps X
    • Posted

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks you for your advice. I am sorry to hear that. Yes I once took gabapentin and I think it worked well.

I really struggle with the fatigue, I am always so tired and never feel rested. I hate it.

I'm sorry you also suffer. x

• Posted

Oh Hun u should just like me my periods are terrible in massive pain ! I'm 35 with 3 children age 16,12,1 and I work full time and in pain most days but I am on amitriptolin 40mg and pregabalin 150mg it help but have just had my assessment for pip and the lovely lady gave me advice on getting doc to refer me to occupational therapist and hydro therapy

Big hugs

• Posted

I'm same when I get monthlys my pelvis n hips ache quite a bit. It's terrible all these people being diagnosed with this now. Seems quite a lot. I'm on gabapentin and must say I wake every morning with a headache and feel groggy like a hangover. Body aches all over not at same time just different places at different times and I'm fed up of it. I have Drs again to get blood results then I think back private to see if neck discs have got worse because getting a lot if neck and chest and upper arm pain. Falling to bits x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.