Firsr herpes outbreak. Please help me.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey all. Long story short. My bf and me were having sex friday night and he pulled out because he seen white stuff on his thing. Now he's black and I'm white so you'd imagine anything light will show up. Anyway, he freaked out and I got really upset. We're fine. But a few days later I was extremely itchy down there, more than normal. I didn't put it past me because I workout alot and sometimes if I stay in my workout clothes when I'm finished to like clean up the house; I'll get alittle itch. Well Monday night of this week. The itch got really bad and I felt like I had a raw pee pee like when we were in the 5th grade. I went to the doctor the very next day, and she did a papsmear on me, I was due anyway and she swabbed me and I waited for it to come back. She told me I had bacterial viginosis. She prescribed me a antibiotics. And I was on my way. So the next day (Wednesday) I got my camera out with the flash and started to record myself down there. Because I was really curious as of to what this burning issue was...I see white blisters everywhere near my vaginal hole. Nothing near my clit area yet...I freak the freak out to say the least. And I go back to the doctor on Thursday and they said your papsmear came back that you have herpes simplex virus. I broke to my knees crying. Why me? I'm a good person. I love Jesus. I'm super depressed. I don't know how to handle this. For the first few days I felt really flu like, u had a 102 fever. Now I feel fine like no flu. Just my throat is sore, which I guess is normal for first outbreak. I've been on valtrex twice a day and on my antibiotics for my bacterial infection. I've started taking lysine. I've soaked in garlic and Epsom salt baths. That was interesting. When I pee I feel I'm peeing acid. I've gone pee the other way on the toliet so that the pee doesn't run down my blisters. I've put some Vaseline down there, destin. Just recently not worn any underware. Wow, those stupid blisters don't like that do they? It's evil. Does anyone know when I'll get some relief? Anything else I can do. I have to return back to work on Monday, I can deal with the pain. But the peeing is what I'm so scared about. This reminds me of my shingles outbreak. It's just awful. I have pain meds, they juat made me have bad dreams and I have Tylenol3. Any advice for me? Lol I'm going to die from the pain

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Hey! Sorry you're going through this. Biggest help when peeing is water. Carry a bottle with you and while you pee pour it on your vagina. It helps dilute it. I did it and it helped save my freakin life. The pain and stuff will noticeably slow up in a week. That's how long it took for me. But even then you're still healing and going through but it's not as bad. I think you're doing wonderful with not wearing underwear and taking meds. When the blisters start popping and letting out puss or whatever the hell that stuff is I used raw organic honey. It burned like pure hell BUT it helped dry out the blisters.
    • Posted

While I'm peeing I just run the water down my vagina? I work in a call center and the bathrooms are not personal lol that is going to be a funny story to make up! I don't think they have popped yet. I can't see because my vagina Is so swollen.

I just want to die.

• Posted

Yes. Don't worry about making up a story. You just do what you have to do. Technically you don't owe anyone an explanation. I know how you feel but it will pass. Everything will be okay
    • Posted

You're very right. I put lidocaine down there today and it helped some. I was able to get up and move around some. I'm going to take some miralax to go #2 any suggestions with drying them out?
    • Posted

Keep the area clean. Use the honey if you can take the burning. When I had my first outbreak..whenever I would go to the bathroom I would kind of dab the sores. Just to get rid of all that goo. No undies when you can. And that's pretty much it
    • Posted

It's so deep in there near my hole, sorry to be so visual lol but there is the vagina hole and then the lips right? Well I have it both sides of the lips in side near my hole. In it hurts, and on my clitoris and pee hole and everywhere. I don't think it's popped or not. I can't tell. I've had them since wed, I mean the pain and stuff would be a week. But the sores since then. How much longer until I get some relief? Are you on supressive therapy?
    • Posted

A full week..that's how long it took ms. When mines popped pus came out so it will be visible. I'm on suppressive therapy but it's not for everybody.
    • Posted

Mine are like down hear my hole in the lips down there. In the moist pockets. I'm just using lidocaine. Idk what I should put on them to dry them up.

After a week I should be able to pee normally? I have yellow discharge oozing from me down there.. sorry I just want to pee normally

• Posted

I used my bottle a week about two weeks after starting valtrex. I say two weeks is really good. My outbreak was in my butt and started spreading towards my vagina. It was terrible
    • Posted

Omfg. Why did it spread? Isn't that what the valtrex is for? I guess you can never underestimate this evil sh*t. I'm sorry. Smh. So even with it on ur butt u still couldn't pee? I bought some lidocaine. It's going to be my best friend until these basted blisters heal. One is bleeding 😢 sorry for using so many cuss words I'm over it.
  • Posted

Drink a lot of water to dilute your urine. You can even add some baking soda to it. Believe me, it will help. The reason why it stings to pee is because you probably have lesions inside your urethra and regular urine is too acidic.

A pap smear is not the usual way to diagnose herpes, by the way. Did the doctor do a swab specifically for herpes? You should find out and also ask which type you've been diagnosed with, HSV-1 or HSV-2.

• Posted

I've done all kind of things. I've even read the horror stories of the suppression not working. No because she seen it when I went back in and she said yes baby girl you got it. I'm sure I do all the symptoms match mine. So baking soda into my water. I'll begin that this am. I'm going to change my diet too, 2 the alkaline diet. Idk what else to do. It's horrible I'm on day 3 of the blue pills. What should I be putting down there as far as cream goes.
    • Posted

I don't know if I responded to this or not yet lol but it says on my papsmear paper. They did not do a swab because she just looked at it and knew..but I have all the symptoms. My mom thinks its shingles but idk I just want to get better.

Do anyone of you do lidocaine? I used it today and it numbed it, kinda hurt some

• Posted

Go back and get it swabbed specifically for herpes while you still have new lesions. It is very useful and important to identify HSV type and pretty irresponsible of your doctor to not do such a swab when given the opportunity.
    • Posted

Ok! I will go first thing on Monday. Would herpes HSV2 show up in a pap if it truly wasn't there?
    • Posted

A pap is not meant for herpes and does not test for it specifically. Believe it's just a visual (microscope) procedure, so not even a test of any kind! Certainly won't tell you which hsv type you have down there, and that is the important thing to know. Probably is herpes, but it may not be Type 2. Check if the doc combined the pap with a swab test for herpes. If not, yeah, good to confirm hsv and type with an actual, proper test.
    • Posted

Okay, thanks for the explanation. Your saying I could have hsv1 from like getting head from someone who had it...and now I have hsv2 down there...

But in all actuality I could have hsv1 and this be the one breakout I get down there? They need to swab and blood test right?

• Posted

You can get either type genitally. Type 1 usually from oral sex, Type 2 nearly always from intercourse. The number is the virus type (two related but different viruses), and nothing to do with the site of infection. Fyi, in case you didn't know. A swab can confirm what you have and by type now (lesions must be new, not healing), while an *IgG* antibody blood test (not IgM) at the same time can provide a baseline (whether you already had it or it's new). Can repeat the IgG in 3-4 months as final confirmation, but a swab is pretty conclusive.
    • Posted

Meant to say a swab is pretty conclusive *if positive* (false negatives can occur with viral culture swabs, especially when lesions are healing).
    • Posted

Ok got it. Best thing to do is get the swab. I will monday. Mine are not scabbed. They have pus on them..it's so gross....how much longer until these evil things have
    • Posted

Hopefully the antiviral meds won't mess with your test results too much. Try to avoid applying anything topical before swabbing. Antiviral meds need to be stopped at least five days before doing the baseline IgG blood test. First outbreak lesions can take 2-3 weeks ro fully heal, but the worst of it is within the first week. Second week should be notably better.
    • Posted

I'll just be happy when I can walk again. And able to use the bathroom lIke a normal person. You say two weeks? So next week will be week 2

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.