First physio today

Posted , 6 users are following.

had my first physio session today,,also first time i have been out since coming home. Actually did better than i thought she was pleased, managed bending my knee lifting leg all went well. Have done alot of walking today as quite a walk to physio, so felt very tired and achy when ingot home. Hope all hippis and hippies to be have a good nights sleep. Xx

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Well done sue xx happy for you glad you are on the road to recovery :-) actually can't wait for mine now need this pain gone xx
  • Posted

well donethere indeed - your first real steps to recovery.

Graham

• Posted

Thanks graham, all of a sudden it clicks eh got myself dressed yesterday to so felt good.
    • Posted

Sue

Yes, it is such a boost to the system, passing these little (or not so little) milestones.  

In a few weeks, you'll look back and wonder at just how far you have come.

Best wishes

Graham

• Posted

How many days post op?  I've had nothing since discharge. Haven't a blooming clue what I'm supposed to be doing 
    • Posted

Kevin, had my op 13th november, so  about 10 days now,  did you see physio in hosptal. Or get a excercise book
    • Posted

Kevin,

That is terrible, I was told that the post-op physio is the most important thing about the whole recovery.

Where are you? UK?

I had simple exercises, squats (not too far down), leg abduction, forward and rearward leg stretches, standing on tiptoes and holding for 5 secs, balance on good legand bring operated leg up no more than 90 degrees in front of you.  and more lately, balancing on the operated leg (target is 10 seconds).

Always use some furniture to help stedy yourself at the start.

Regards

Graham

• Posted

I am 16 days post op and doing basic block of exercises did see physio at hospital and given a sheet to follow 4 times a day

Due to see physio next tuesday until then i will follow the sheet i suppose they seem very basic to me

• Posted

Kevin,

it just occurred to me when replying to someone else, these booklets are available online from some very famous hospitals, search (i think) for hip replacement physio exercises.

Graham

• Posted

I am told to do physio at home 4 times a day a block of different exercises repeating each obe i dont know it this is ok any feedback

Hippis

• Posted

Hi Lucite, 

There are a lot of different approaches, depending on surgeon.

IPhysical therapy in Holland is almost mandatory  - the name of your PT has to be known before you get discharged . ..

I have a supplement added to my standard health insurance that includes additional PT sessions ... 

I think it is perfectly okay to do your block of exercises and take walks -- no hydrotherapy is offered where i live, but i understand that it is wonderful exercise ... 

Take care sweetheart - you are doing good

warm hugs

renee

• Posted

That sounds similar to mine - seems to be working too.

Regards

Graham

• Posted

Good morning Sue, 

great job !  You might want to take it easier today ... rest well deserved !  

it is very easy at this stage to overdo it ... Your lovely body will let you know -

hope you had a great night of uninterrupted hours of sleep ...

big warm hug 

renee

• Posted

Not bad sleep woke up once in the night and then at 7 am

• Posted

Sleep - I cannot remember the last uninterrupted night's sleep I had ... it was pre-op that's for sure.   No-one warns you that you are going to be running to the loo like a crazy thing after the op ..... but I was.

I guess it helped my mobility (ha ha), but I would have liked to be warned to expect it.

It is much easier now, down from once per hour to once or twice per night (I'm at day 26 now).

Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards

Graham

• Posted

Try cutting down on fluid intake in the evenings may be after 6 just have sips of water if needed i worked for me up jst once in the nights
    • Posted

Hardly had any fluid after 6, but I don't know where all that liquid comes from lol.  Thought I was getting mens prostrate problems, until someone else mentioned he was getting the same problems.

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.