First time battle with cellulitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

All this started about a month ago I was getting in the shower and I bumped my leg on the tub, no big deal just a really dark purple bruise. Well the bruise never healed it just turned black,still didn’t think anything of it until last Saturday night I noticed that my lower left leg was bright red and hot,so after church on Sunday my husband took me to the ER,well after the Doppler test no blood clot so the Dr. tells me that I have cellulitis,gave me a script for antibiotics I started them when I got home saw a change in the redness the next day after a few days on this antibiotic the site looked like it was getting worse so I called my gp he prescribed bacterium 800mgs I started them today redness is really going away,but now I have pain in my leg and I feel these bumps under the skin on the site. Is this normal?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sounds as though your on top of infection dav it as many ways of healing hopefullly no ulcer or the like but watch it travels very fast with me upto knee in no time pink leg and HOT but yours seems to be responding well   google it and go to images UGH HORRIBLE

• Posted

Thanks for responding Paul. I started the Bactrim 800mg on yesterday and woke up this morning with very little pain and bumps under the skin seem to have gotten smaller,redness almost looks pink. I just thank God that that this stuff is responding to the treatment and that I have no open wounds. I’m very sorry that you are going through so much with it, but always keep in mind that God can and will heal, don’t get discouraged and I will be praying for you and a speedy recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.