Fistula treatment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been scheduled for fistulectoly with drainage Seton this month.

I am very scared about the pain. Anyone have any experience with this surgery. Thank you in advance for your replies.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I currently have a seton, due to having a fistula. I just want assure you everything will be fine. You may experience some discomfort for a few days after the procedure. I myself didn't experience that much pain. But paracetamol will help with that, or some ibuprofen. Keep your stools soft, and keep the area clean. So maybe get some wet wipes for when you're out and about. Also, get plenty of gauze swabs and dressings because the seton will be helping to drain out the fistula tract, so you'll need something to help absorb that. I'm sure your nurse will help you out with those. I know this might be tricky, but if you can try to lay down as much as possible. Avoid sitting for long periods. Especially for the first week or so. If you have any more questions, please let me know, I'll answer as best I can. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi

Thank you very much for your help.

I have an abscess it needs to be drained during fistulectomy. I only have internal opening I dont have an external opening , surgeon is going to make an insition from outside and put the seton .

I am from U.K. are you from U.K??

When will your seton removed. ?

Sorry I am asking lots of question.

thank you

• Posted

Hi

I'm sorry for the late reply. I hope your procedure went well and you are coping with the seton. Yes I am from the U.K, and I recently had my seton removed, along with having a Fistulotomy. All went well, and I am still recovering and seeing the nurse for daily dressings. Please let me know how you're coping, and hopefully I can help you and share more advice.

• Posted

How did the fistulotomy go? How was the pain after the surgery? Were there any complications? Are you healed and painfree?

• Posted

Hi. Can you tell me how your surgery went? My doctor recommended fistula surgery. I'm so afraid of the pain because the pain from hemorrhoid and fissure surgery was so terrible that I can't imagine going through that kind of pain again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.