Fixing suprapubic catheter to skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have a suprapubic catheter for several years and expect to need it forever, mostly used to it now and better than alternatives.

Luckily dont need a drainage bag and just tuck the tube into my pants for support.

Mostly this is fine but occasionally (gym, swimming, dating) would like to adhere the

tube to my body with tape to conceal a little.

Does anyone know what would be a good tape to adhere well without being impossible to remove and which is wide enough to cover tube and entrance on temporary basis, few hours or so. not permanently.

(I dont want to use clips)

Thanks

Rob

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It is hard to say what type of tape to use because when you sweat it is going to let loose. Look on Ebay they sell belly bags for the SP. I have a friend that wanted to go golfing that is what he has been using,

Take care....Ken

• Posted

I do not know what to advise. I think its best to think about yourself and always be honest with the person you are dating when you are ready to. Duck tape is sticky but it shows and causes discomfort. Brown tape is not so sticky but causes less discomfort. Best advice is to speak to your surgeon.

As you have had the issue for years you may need surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.