Fizzling or sizzling sensation in back of head?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’ve been diagnosed with occipitilization of the atlas, os odontoideum, and basilar impression, leaving me with a very narrow foramen magnum. These skeletal conditions are known to be associated with Chiari. I haven’tt had an MRI yet as it takes time for it to be scheduled.

A chiropractor adjusted my neck a week and a half ago. It hurt in the middle-to-upper left neck region when he did it. Ever since then, I’ve had off and on pressure headache in the back of my head. It is fairly mild. It doesn’t last long at all, maybe just a few minutes and then subsides. Sometimes when it subsides I feel a sort of fizzing or sizzling as if the pressure releases and then the pain subsides. But the fizzling or sizzling also happens sometimes even when there’s no pain. It's kinda like when you press your tongue against the back of your teeth and lift it to the roof of your mount, and then suck your saliva inward. Sounds and feels about like that.

I also have some mild pain and pressure in the left temple. One time when I laid down I felt the rear pain shift to the bottom side of my head.

I also have off and on pain in the side of the neck where the pain was felt at the time of the adjustment.

Do any of these symptoms sound alarming as early or mild Chiari symptoms, particularly the sizzling or fizzing sensation? Can you hear or feel spinal fluid (CSF) forcing its way through a partial blockage?

I really feel for those of you who have to deal with Chiari. I’m just learning of all this myself and am quite worried and anxious. I would greatly appreciate your input, especially if it (genuinely) assures me that a Chiari headache isn’t like this! Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.