flare up

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all I hurt my back and I took ibuprofen for five days started to get a little flare up so stooped taking them stopped last Wednesday I have blood in my stools but not a full flare if you no what I mean. Just wondering it's been over a week now after I stopped the ibuprofen is this normal for uc and how long does it take to clean up or should I go back to docs if it hasn't in the next few days

Thanks dan

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dan

i all ways been told i can not take ibuprofen tablet  coz of my uc try the cream instead.

are you in any pain ive had have flare up for few weeks now coz i dont like doctors

if i was you i would go see your gp just in case

• Posted

Hi simon not in pain with the flare up.just think the ibuprofen has irritated it just don't no how long it will last few days or weeks. It's been over a week now. Don't no what's bests leave for a few more days or go doctors. I feel ok and only having one to two movements a day with bright red blood in it so it is inflamed at the bottom.

Thanks dan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.