flare up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Morning I have been in a flare now for about 8 weeks I have start taking steriods prednisolone

6 tabs for ten days then 4 then 3 then 2 for ten days 6 week course. Been on them now

For ten days how long do they take to kick in as I can't really notice any difference at the moment. Could it take a few weeks to kick in

Thanks dan

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daniel - I followed a similar course and think they started to kick in about now. If they don't soon contact the Consultant or the IBD Nurse.Good luck Chris
    • Posted

Thanks chris I drop to 4 tabs today for ten days so hopefully over the next few days I may notice a difference.

Cheers dan

• Posted

Hi Daniel

Everyone is so different on them for some it takes days for me it took months but in the end for me they didn't work as they should but still have faith they will kick in if not don't stay on them that was my downside as they can give awful side affects hence u was on them for 6 months don't want u to worry but think it's good to know what to sometimes expect.. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.