Flare up at 6 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

My daughter is ill again. Blood and protein in the urine, after severe abdominal pain. So back to hospital for blood tests. Depressing isn't the word!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been having my kidneys checked every 2 weeks but this has been 3 infections since Christmas they are so painful and I try to struggle on at work.
  • Posted

Oohhh no it's sooo worrying hope ur daughter is ok,  we only on wk 2 of my son feeling normal everyday I look at him thinking what will today bring with him !!!
  • Posted

Oh no! Your daughter is Lauren isn't it, in Year 10?

Was she getting back to normal? I've heard it can come back. This illness is just awful absolutely awful. I really do hope it goes soon and it's a quick relapse. I bet she is fed up.

Matty bit down at the moment, although does seem to be improving & has started doing a bit of PE, I'm worried he will do too much though.

Sending you the very best & wishing her a quick recovery so she can get on with teenage life!

Let me know how she gets on.

Helen

• Posted

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words - although she has pain and positive urine test, the blood tests show no damage to kidneys, raised inflammatory markers or platelet problems.  So we're not sure what it is, but at least there's no internal damage going on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.