Flecainide

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have PAF and cannot tolerate long term heart meds. I've been prescribed flecainide as a 'pill in the pocket approach' has anyone had experiences of this drug? 

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello,

I am also struggling with Bisoporol making me really unwell, I am seeing my GP today who is looking to change them, I think probably to Flecainide, I will let you know how I get on.

• Posted

Thanks Linda, bisoprolol is just horrendous isn't it x
  • Posted

Ii have been on Flexanide and Bisoprolol as pill in the picket for some time. Since my last ablationlast year.Haven't had to take it that often until three months ago and usually works well. I was prescribed a dose of 50mg but the maximum daily rate is 300mg. 50mg would sometimes work but would sometimes go up to 150 if necessary to stop the episode.I have been taking 200mg a day for four weeks since the AF kicked in daily and that seems to be holding it off. Haven't had any side effects although I tend not to look at contraindications in case I start imagining things.
    • Posted

Thanks Judith, I've taken 100mg only three times seems to work. I'm on holiday right now in Portugal had a terrible episode this morning as you can imagine being abroad was worried taking it. They do work though x
  • Posted

Gidday tried Flecainide but didnt do well on it also Sotonol and propofeone thay didnt work that great sotonol lowered heart rate to low,had two ablations first one lasted four months second one a day, been on amarodirone for a month no Af about to wean off and see if second ablation has worked had PAF for two years, its a sh*t of a thing, if you want to be rid of the AF suggest the amarodirone but like all the drugs has side effects as for the cardio guys they just dont know they say try this try that use a lot of words like should, could, possibly etc in other words they just don't know, they use the try it and see what happens approach.

All the best

• Posted

Amiodarone, 6 months now and only had a few episodes. Found out if I crush one pill as soon as it starts this will stop it. Only the water retention is bad, had to buy new clothes, I do not take any other drug, just cider vinegar instead of warfarin. 
    • Posted

You know I barely passed urine today was wondering if that's a side effect? Thanks for your input
    • Posted

JAY ! Ciser vinigar instead os Warfarin?? I am concerned ,,, ask your doctor

IF Cider Vinigar was the answer we would ALL be cured of AFIB I beleive in Natural remedies but sonme do NOT work and some conflict with other drugs such as St johns wart which I used to take obliviously until I checked online for drug interactions and found that it is not suggested when taking certain anticoagulants 

• Posted

I've been suffering from AFib for years now. Doctors had to switch around my medications several times. They also mentioned catheter ablation. So far I don't need the procedure. I don't know what you mean by pill in the pocket approach. What combination that is working well for me is flecainide 50mg every 12 hours, atenolol 25mg once daily and a daily aspirin 81 mg. I've been on this combination for about 1 1/2 years now. I'm doing so much better. Good luck!
    • Posted

Hi manning, I'm only 45 so my cardiologist isn't keen to do ablation yet. I only get occasional bad episodes so the pill in the pocket basically means I just carry them around and take 100 mg to calm the episode. I've only had to take it 3 times so far I tend to put off. I'm just curious as to peoples experiences side affects and such like
    • Posted

I'm 44. I've had no side effects with flecainide. But, I was told by my cardiologist that it Works best if taken with atenolol or something similar. I still experience episode from time to time. I also carry flecainide with me. I was told if needed I can take more. My biggest problem is that I don't take care of myself.
    • Posted

I have had to totally change my lifestyle, no more red wine or coffee, I drink gallons of water to prevent dehydration and walking more has definately helped. Alcohol is kept to a minimum however I'm on holiday right now so have been drinking a bit more hence an episode, it's awful to live like a nun, I get quite depressed that this is happening to me but I get reminded there are worse things that can happen
    • Posted

Haha Sorry Mazza44 but you gave me a gifggle cos JUST today I was thinking  same thing LIVING like A NUN  (Though some of THEM drink)  No wine with xarelto or Coreg Chit (Though Some drs. say just wait 2 hours after taking ...so occassinally do HAHA wime that is in moderation  I dont want to be carted off to the morgue DEAD DRUNKsmile

Cheers  (in moderation )

I love Portugal,,,..makes a gal drink but I live in Costa Rica ..same thing LOL

• Posted

This made me smile, yes everything in moderation. I occasionally go over the top but I suffer for it the following few days after.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.