Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Question

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy done today. It wasn't a great experience as it was very painful. I was given gas and air. The camera couldn't get passed one of the bends in my colon as it was quite narrow, and so they had to keep trying and eventually push the camera through. Thankfully all they could find was Hemorrhoids. They put a rubber band around the two Hemorrhoids that they saw. Straight after the procedure I was in a lot of pain. Sorry this may be too much information but... the pain is from my rectum and goes from my rectum into my vagina. The pain is constant and I find it hard sitting down and to get comfortable. I've taken Co-codamol and am currently sitting on a hot water bottle. Both of these help ease it, but the pain is still there. Has anyone else experienced this after a Flexible Sigmoidoscopy?

would really love to know I'm not alone.

If this did happen to you, how long did it last?

really hoping someone else out there has had this same experience and that it turned out ok.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.