Floating stool and uncomfortable feeling under my left rib/back

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi , I'm mostly posting for any people that have had or heard of any similar experiences to my current situation. I'm a 28 y/o male and relatively fit and gym 3 times a week on average, have drank in my University days but not excessively and I have only really drank on occasion the last 5 years.

It started 4 months ago where I noticed something different happening with my stools and they were noticeably floating, most of the time well formed and coloured except loose ones here and there. This has continued until now consistently with left upper (sometimes lower) pain under my ribs that spreads to my back and up and around my left shoulder blade. This pain has gotten more noticeable the last 2 weeks which has prompted me to see my GP for a second time.

First time GP visit around 2-3 months ago:

• I had stool tests that looked for any infections or excess fat - came back all clear
  • Blood test came back clear except being low on vitamin D

Second time GP visit (currently ongoing with no results yet):

• Blood test with 3 samples to check vitamin D levels, glucose and insulin I think.
  • Ultrasound booked with unknown date as I'm waiting for the letter to confirm.

The above are the only symptoms I'm dealing with and I'm quite worried about the feeling under my ribs and it just feels like something is "there" but can't be felt by touch. I'm aware this probably indicates a problem with my pancreas but looking at the diseases and their symptoms of most of them, they don't really fit mine except for the dreaded cancer....of course.

Has anyone had a diagnosis from something similar or going through the same thing as me?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.