Flu/pneumonia jabs anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

It seems to be recommended that people with pulmonary fibrosis should get vaccinated against flu and pneumonia, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a post on this site from someone who was poorly after getting vaccinated.

Also I know someone who got vaccinated as he has asthmaand he said 'Never again'!

Anyone been vaccinated and how was it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris:

I have had 2 vaccinations for pneumonia and I get flu shots every year. This past year I had the "super" flu vaccine with no problems and I have had IPF for 7 years. I've never heard or read about what you have heard. Is there any chance this is from an anti-vaccine group? Check with your Doctor.

• Posted

I have had both jabs and have had no adverse reaction to either no flu nor pneumonia either though have had a bout of pleurisy last autumn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.