flue like symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

what does everyone take for the flue like symptoms that I fight every day? It comes on after i'm up for 6-8 hours and in the middle of my busy work day.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My doctor explained to me that these flu like symptoms are a sign of active inflammation. The only thing to address this would be to get the RA under control. In the meantime get plenty of rest. There are times when I get them and sleep most of the day for a week at a time. Inconvienent to say the least and Thank God I am retired and don't have to worry about a job. Eat healthy and take good care of yourself.

• Posted

Thanks so much. I see my doctor at the end of the month and it is one of my topics. Seven years into this I guess Im doing ok other than that nagging symptom. Fatigue from the job and not being to exercise much is my down fall.
    • Posted

Hi Wesley i do totally empathise with you, its the worst part of this disease for me (until I can't walk, then I change my mind). If I am not at home snd therefore cant rest, take NSAID with paracetemol which will help some, just to get through. The previous answer though is right, its active inflammation so youre RA isnt fully under control. For a while I also took 5mg of prednisolone orally which seemed to help, but its not a great drug to take long term i know! ,

• Posted

Part of the flu-like symptoms is fatigue - and that is an integral part of almost all autoimmune disease. The medications don't really deal with it - and you have to go about helping to manage it by lifestyle changes and pacing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.