Fluoxetine and insomnia how long

Posted , 4 users are following.

been on this med for just over two weeks and i am having the usual side effects. However i am really struggling with insomnia. Does anyone know how long this side effect takes to go?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Mine lasted for a few weeks when I first started taking it but I'm not a great sleeper anyway. If it lasts over 4 weeks I'd speak to your doctor 

• Posted

I find drinking chamomile tea just before bed helps and yes they take about 4 weeks 
  • Posted

HI Alisson

I am on the same tablets they will take about 3 months to work. Hopefully your G P should  have told you that. Once they are in to the body they do work well. I have tried other drugs that are taken at night do not work as well. I have no side effects

Please do not expect them to work straight away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.