Foot/bone fusion and bunion surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a mid foot bone fusion and bunion surgery. I was non weight bearing for 3 months. I'm alowly trying to walk except my knee ( on same side as bad foot) is extremely sore and stiff and is hard to walk. I did have an ACL replacement in that knee about 10'yea ago and have arthritis. Any suggestions and is this normal? Is appreciate any advice.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello.  I had a triple athrodesis and navicular fusion on June 2nd and am starting to weight bear. My right knee (foot surgery knee) is also giving me trouble. Seems to have deteriorated or something during my recovery. Crossing my fingers it gets better once I'm more mobile. My hips also hurt. Do yours?  

i wish you luck with your recovery. It's a big one, isn't it?? ?? 

• Posted

This was a big surgery!! My hips get sore, but not like my knee. I hope

our knees get better!! I guess it could be lack of use for so long. Thank you for your response! I feel better knowing I'm not alone!!

Good luck with your recovery!!!

• Posted

Me too. Thanks for responding!  Nice to "know" someone who has gone through what you are. Have a great day!!

• Posted

I'm recovering myself from the bone reconstruction in my for, plantar plate tear repair, and recall if a neurons - all on same foot. Just able to start walking, but plan on doing PT and joint juice.

Have you tried working with a physical therapist? Joint juice might help you also! I used it after I broke my foot as my hip on my good side was terribly painful after brunting all my weight on crutches. You might try it. I've been told by my doc that the joint juice is more effective because if it's liquid form (as opposed to glucosamine in pill form).

Hope it helps!

Best of luck!

• Posted

Sorry my auto correct screwed that up totally! I'm recovering from three bone reconstruction, plantar plate tear repair and removal of a neuroma. All on same foot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.